Saturday, April 9, 2011

A perfect Baptism for a perfect little man

You know how sometimes words come so easy, and then there are times they just don't flow? Well, that's happening to me on this topic. I've been trying to write this entry for a few weeks now, and I can't seem to get it right. I've tried writing it as a story, but I'm not happy with it. It's not that it's a bad story, it's actually a very touching story to me, and I want to make it perfect..so we'll give it another 'good ole' college try'. I hope it works...

I have two nephews. The are both so precious and I love them with all my heart. Becoming a mother has filled every dream I ever imagined (although my mama seemed to hide all the gorey details...haha), and I will admit becoming an aunt has been just as special to me. My nephews are so wonderful and I love seeing and spending time with them. It breaks my heart that we don't live closer so we could see them more, but that's how life goes.


My oldest nephew is seven weeks younger than my son and I love that they are so close in age; it will make a bond between them that cannot be broken.

Mikey and Hunter now.
 

Mikey and Hunter when they were babies


  I have a "new" nephew too. Well, I guess being 8 months old, he's not technically new, so I guess we'll say he's my baby nephew - and he will always be that to me. Noah Eric was born on August 3, 2010. I love his name, and it fits him perfectly. 'Eric' is after my husband and he is so proud and honored that his brother and our sister-in-law chose that name.

Noah and daddy Mke when he was born.

Dallas and Noah now
Noah is the sweetest little man. He is always smiling and loves attention. He is such a joy to be around.
Recently we made a trip up to Delaware for a very special weekend. Noah was being baptized. There is something very special about a baby being baptized. It's the time when the parents make the decision to bless their child and recognize him or her as a child of God. We had the blessing of being there to witness this joyous and holy occassion, and what could make it better? Eric and I were asked to be Noah's Godparents. Could there be a better compliment given? Of course, I immediately said "yes", but the more I thought about it, I thought, am I worthy of such an honor? Can I live up to this? Well, I'm not sure, but I can promise you one thing, I will do my best to not only be the BEST (and only) aunt Noah will have, but I will do everything in my power to live up to being a great Godmother. I hope and pray that I do not let him or his parents, who have entrusted me with this title, down.

 
One special little boy











Proud Daddy and Mama






The proud Godparents
So, the weekend was a very short (not even 36 hours) but it was very special to Eric and me. We are now not only an aunt and uncle, but we are also Godparents....how special. The kids played so well together (as usual) and we (the ladies) made the food for the luncheon that would follow the church service. I was asked to make buttercream frosting for the cupcakes. Good thing I don't have carpel tunnel, because frosting 60 cupcakes was not an easy task. But they were for my little man, and I would have frosted 100 for him.


Anyone for a cupcake?


Noah was just precious on Sunday in his baptism outfit. As I watched the Holy water being sprinkled on his head and his parents give the vow to raise him as a child of God, I couldn't help but be filled with pride and joy that I not only get to be this precious little man's aunt, but I am also his Godmother.







1 comment:

  1. You should have warned me I would need a box of tissues! You should never have a doubt in your mind that you will live up to every expectation. We never would have chosen you if you weren't perfect for the "job". Beautiful post :-)

    ReplyDelete