Monday, August 13, 2012

I’ve still got it…

So, I posted a while back that my cute, adorable kiddos have sucked it all out of my brain…everything including my organizational skills.

I used to thrive on labels and organization and things being in their place. Well, kids came along and all that went out the door. I’ve even noticed this summer especially I have no time to do anything for the house. I’m either playing “camp counselor” or searching for Hunter the few mornings he’s been away from me.

Well, this Mama needs some organization, needs a project she can actually finish, and needs to feel accomplished. Granted swimming, playing games, and being a police officer to fighting kids is great fun and I wouldn’t change it, but I needed to feel like I haven’t completely lost me.

So, I ramble to say this…I’ve still got it!!!

This weekend I decided it was time to finally get around to labeling my canisters that I’ve been wanting to do for months now. You know, those plastic canisters that hold your sugar, flour, and what not? Well, I can finally check something off my to-do list.

I started with my canisters…

canisters before

I was going to cut out black vinyl for the lettering, but once I made up the lettering on my silhouette and went to cut it I realized I didn’t have any black. So, I used what I had…red.

To tell you the truth, I think I like it even better than black. It just adds that extra pop of color.

Once, I cut the vinyl, I took off the excess and laid the transfer paper on top.

August 2012 037

Then, I pressed it onto the canister…yep, that simple.

canisters after

Whew, I have to say I’m super happy I’ve still got it in me. I knew my old friend, Ms. Organization, would come visit me again.

One thing less on my to-do list. And now it’s time to hit the pool with my super fun kiddos and a couple of their friends.

Have you been doing any organization this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment