Friday, August 17, 2012

Overwhelmed…

Hey, y’all! Happy Friday!! Hope you’ve had a great week.

I have to tell you I’m exhausted. My daughter’s finishing up her last week of track out. She’s been out for three weeks now. The first week was nice and relaxing. We just did what we wanted to do. Last week, the kids and I traveled. We drove to GA to visit my parents. It’s a long 8 hour drive, but so worth it. They not only spoil the kids, but they spoil ME too. Hey, that’s the way it should be…I’m a good kid.

This week is the last week and has been the craziest. I thought I’d keep the kids {especially Dallas} busy with play dates with friends so hopefully she’ll have an easier transition back to school….we’ll see how my plan works come Monday.

So, I set up play dates for them. I am truly exhausted from them. We have had the most fun and I even got to hang out with some moms whom I don’t see much. Each play date and pool trip was filled with great conversation {for me} and fun play for the kids, but I swear to you daily play dates are more exhausting than daily schedules.

Speaking of schedules, I am so ready to be back on schedules and routines. I’ve really enjoyed having the kids home and spending time with them, but this mama needs some routines.

Not to mention I’ve got a few more projects up my sleeve that I want to start and finish and can’t get them even started much less even think about finishing them.

Now don’t get me wrong, I have the finished products up in my pretty little head, but they are no where near finished…nor even started.

To make matters worse, I’ve already purchased all the stuff for these 4 projects I want to do.  At the time of purchasing it sounds all good to go ahead and get the stuff, and the whole time I’m thinking, “Oh this project won’t take long.” You see, I have this tiny little problem with patience {ok, Mama and Daddy stop laughing out loud…I come by it honestly}. When I want to do something, let’s say paint and finish a room, I don’t think let’s wait and do one thing at a time. Oh no, I have to buy everything right then, no matter if the kids are going to be out of school and I won’t have time to get to it for a couple of weeks, it has to be bought. Doesn’t sound so bad until I do that for 4 projects and now, I’m a bit overwhelmed and not really sure where to start. Aahhh! And do you think at this moment when I could be preparing the bathroom for painting {while the kids play nicely together} that I’m doing that…Um, NO, I’m sitting on my be-hind writing this to you talking about overwhelmed I am. Yep, that’s me.

So, I’m off to go prepare this room for paint, because I’m ready to start a project.

Hope y’all have a great weekend. Do you have any projects you’re working on this weekend??? If so, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment