Thursday, May 16, 2013

Catching up

Well, hello there. I seriously cannot believe it’s been a month since I’ve last posted. What on earth???
Well, my daughter had her last track out so for the last 4 weeks we’ve been spending some quality mommy/daughter time together. This was the last track out with just her. Next time, Hunter will be in kindergarten (sigh*) and they’ll be out together. So, I was enjoying some time with just my little girl…if only for 4 hours a day.
We had a blast. We painted nails, went shopping, had lunch dates, crafted, and spent all kinds of money. Ha! It’s crazy, but it’s expensive. I guess because our breaks are broken throughout the year instead of all summer we’re cramming things in in a few weeks and trying to keep them busy and happy. My good friend calls herself the “Happy Birthday Clown” which cracks me up to no end because I feel that way too sometimes… “look at me kids. Let me keep you busy…heaven forbid you get bored.” Haha! Just a running joke with all of us year-round parents. I do love the year round schedule though. Having family all over, it’s nice to break our trips up throughout the year instead of traveling all summer.
The last couple of weeks we spent traveling and seeing friends. We went to Delaware for a few days to see Eric’s family and our nephews. I have to say, I’m one blessed girl to have in-laws who will take me and my kids in for days while my husband is traveling. We had a ball. The weather was beautiful {unlike here at home}, so we took the kids to the Philadelphia zoo one day and played outside as much as possible. The kids get along so well. It’s always so much fun to see them play and grow together…just wish we lived a little closer.
Here’s a few pics from our trip.
April 2013 094
Dallas has a little obsession with turtles these days {hence the shirt}, so she L.O.V.E.D. the huge tortoises.
April 2013 098
April 2013 102
Hunter loved the tigers. He did not want to leave.
April 2013 108
Personally, I loved the giraffes. They are so graceful and exquisite looking.
April 2013 103
April 2013 109
For once, I got out from behind the camera. Thanks, Leigh for taking a picture.
April 2013 113
And Noah, just had to be with the big kids…super cute little guy.
April 2013 114
April 2013 118
We had lots of outside time because of the beautiful weather.
April 2013 122
April 2013 128
April 2013 141
April 2013 150
April 2013 148
After returning home from Delaware, the kids and I had enough time to do laundry, repack, and get 2 good nights of sleep before we gallivanted off again.
Next stop, Kentucky!
It’s been since September {entirely too long} since I’ve seen my best friend and her family. It stinks we live so far away from each other. The kids and I made the 8 hour trek in not very nice conditions to Lexington to spend a few days with the Trimble’s.
Not many pictures were taken because we were SO busy. But we went to dinner one night and while everyone was sitting in one spot together, at the same time, I took a couple of pics there.
phone pics March-May 2013 081
phone pics March-May 2013 084
These two were first friends. We always get a picture of them together to see how much they’ve changed over the years.
collage-Dallas and Clay
My they are growing much too fast!
The trips were both great. It was so nice to get away and have some fun with friends and family.
We are now back in the groove as they say. Dallas is back in school, and I’m trying to catch up on all things mommy. I hope to get some fun projects I’ve been working on up soon.
For now, I’m off to dance. Y’all take care!
Happy Thursday!
S~

No comments:

Post a Comment