Friday, June 14, 2013

Dining Room Makeover…Part 2

Hey there, y’all!

So, the last project I shared here was the Tale of the Martini Bar...that almost wasn't. I have to say doing that project was a bit of a bear, but totally worth it. It turned out so beautifully and I absolutely love it in the space.

B.U.T…

Once I put the new piece back into the room, the room didn’t fit the new piece anymore. Things needed to change, and then came…

dining room-blog stuff 2013 022-1

You might be asking yourself, didn’t she just re-do her dining room? Yes, I did. Well, almost two years ago. And at that point, I actually made it into a dining room. You might remember that post here.

When I painted and turned the dining room into a nice, airy room, I loved it. But then when I put the new martini bar in, I wasn’t feeling the whole vibe any more…so time for another change. Just a few things really, but let’s take a look.

Let’s start with new curtains. You may remember my no-sew curtains I made simply because I didn’t have a sewing machine, nor knew how to sew. But since then I got a sewing machine, and have learned my way around a sewing machine…a little anyway.

I went to our fabric store and picked out the cutest fabrics.

collage

I really loved how all the colors went with the room and they really seemed to pop.

I made two curtain panels and replaced them with my no-sew curtains.

collage

Ah, much better, don’t you think?

Once the curtains changed I had to change the chair covers as well.

collage-1

I loved the flowers of the old fabric, but there’s just something about blue and white horizontal stripes. I absolutely love it.

Once the chairs were recovered and the new curtains were hung, it was a matter of moving things around the room…finding new homes for the things that were already in the room.

Remember the back wall before the martini bar?

dining room 004

When the martini bar went in, the things on the back wall just didn’t fit…time for another change.

I moved the shelves to a different wall and changed those up a bit.

dining room-blog stuff 2013 021

Then there’s the big frame that had the 3-D flowers in it.

dining room 003

I took the flowers down {and will use those at a later time}, and spray painted the frame yellow. I hung it directly over the martini bar, and then wondered, “What now?”.

I remembered my coffee filter wreath that was oh so sad sitting in my storage closed since it lost its place over the mantel. I hung it in the middle of the frame.

dining room-blog stuff 2013 001

When all the changes were made, the room was ready. I can’t tell you how much I love it! It was cute before, but now, it’s totally me. I walk by and just want to stand and stare.

dining room-blog stuff 2013 022

dining room-blog stuff 2013 007

dining room-blog stuff 2013 011

dining room-blog stuff 2013 013

dining room-blog stuff 2013 010

dining room-blog stuff 2013 035

Thanks for stopping by. I hope this gives you a little inspiration that with just a few changes, you can have a whole new room.

Happy Friday!

1 comment: