Thursday, June 20, 2013

Faux Chalkboard Menu

Hey there, y’all! Hope you’re having a great week.

As usual, I’ve been a busy little bee, but that’s nothing new. Today I wanted to share a little project I did this week.

As you’ve probably seen all over Pinterest these days Chalkboard anything is really “in”. It’s all over wine glasses, cookie sheets, and invitations.

I’ve been working on some details for a very special party happening soon and I wanted to share my “faux” chalkboard menu I made.

June Blog stuff 2013 025

It’s really quite simple.

First, I created the menu on my Silhouette SD. This can completely be done in a Word document. I did it in my Silhouette simply because I didn’t want to hand cut out 40 menus.

Next, I took 8 1/2 X 11 black card stock, I cute sheets in half and then cut a little off the top too.

June Blog stuff 2013 002

With a piece of chalk, I colored all over the paper and covered it entirely.

June Blog stuff 2013 003

Once it was covered, I took a tissue and lightly {very important to do this lightly} wiped the chalk off.

June Blog stuff 2013 004

When it’s wiped off, you have something like this:

June Blog stuff 2013 005

Last, I took a 3-D Foam adhesive square, like these,

Close this window

and attached the menu to the faux chalkboard paper.

Wha-la! It was done.

June Blog stuff 2013 018

Super easy and very cute. The ideas are endless with this faux chalkboard paper: invitations, menus, picture mattes, and on, and on, and on.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope y’all come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment