Monday, July 1, 2013

End of Year Teacher Gift{card}

Hey there! Hope y’all had a great weekend. I for one cannot believe it is already July 1!!! How in the world did that happen?
Dallas finished up first grade last week. Here in Raleigh, we have year round school. I may have mentioned that a time or two. Anyway, tracks 2,3, and 4 finished up the school year this past Friday. The crazy part of the whole thing, is that tracks 2 and 3 only have one week between grade levels. Crazy huh? Yup, so Dallas has this week off school and next Monday she will return entering 2nd grade.
It’s kind of hard to digest, especially if you’re not on the year-round system, but if you’re in it, it makes total sense and we love it.
But, I’m not here today to explain the year round system…ha! I wanted to share the end of year gifts I gave to the specials teachers and her aid this year. I will say buying end of year teacher gifts and back to school stuff is kind of a crazy novelty…but we do it.
This year I got the teachers gift cards to Target. I mean, who doesn’t like gift cards…especially to Target?!
I didn’t just want to hand them a gift card envelope so I made it a little prettier.
blog stuff June 3013 052

This only took a few minutes to do.
I made a little sign on my Silhouette SD that said:
Thanks for helping me hit my TARGET this year!
After printing and cutting out the tags I then picked out some coordinating scrapbook paper.
I cut a strip that was 2 1/2 inches wide.
blog stuff June 3013 046
I wrapped the paper around the front of the gift card enveloped and taped it to the back side.
blog stuff June 3013 047
blog stuff June 3013 048
On the front I attached the sign with a 3D adhesive square.
blog stuff June 3013 045
It was so simple and super cute!
blog stuff June 3013 057
I know for most everyone school is already out for summer…but maybe you got an idea for next year.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope y’all have a great week.
S~

No comments:

Post a Comment