Friday, June 24, 2011

The Fun Never Ends...

As I sit here taking a break from the laundry and packing up the beach house, I ponder what a great week we've had.
The kids loved the beach, and once again we made some wonderful family memories that are etched in my brain forever.
I remember childhood vacations to Daytona Beach with my family from a very early age. We always had fun...went fishing on the pier, played in the sand and waves, and had some great times. I truely hope that my children will remember our family vacations and think of them so fondly as I do my own.

Tomorrow we pack up and leave, and I'm a little saddened to know that the giggles and cackles we've had this week will stay in these walls. However, they all warm my heart and even though I can't bottle them up and pack them in our suitcases, I will remember them always. I just hope that the next family who stays here will make the same happy memories as we did, and catch a little glimpse into our paradise of a week.



So, we leave tomorrow with our suitcases in hand, and hopefully a lighter load...remember how packed the Jeep was???
the backseat when we arrived.
But, not to fret because the fun never ends here...we are not going home. We are heading to Delaware to Eric's parents. It's going to be a little longer of a drive than normal...9 hours...oh my. But, we're excited because we get to take Grammy and Poppy to a Phillies game, and you all know how much we love baseball. I think I'm more excited than the kids. I've been wanting to go for like 2 years now! And just think...I might even get to see Chase Utley -*sigh* - and we get to see Halladay pitch...woo hoo!
The only bad thing is that we can't all go as a family, including Eric's brother and his family. Eric scored these awesome tickets through work and they offered him 6, and he thought it would be in bad form to ask for more. We are so bummed...maybe next time.
So, stay tuned for another exciting adventure from the Lentz family, because you never know where we'll end up or what adventures we'll get in to. Now, off to pack these last few things...it's going to be a long day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment