Thursday, December 22, 2011

It’s about Christmas spirit

Well…

It’s been since the 11th that I last wrote. I can and can’t believe it. I’ve wanted to write everyday, but my crazy schedule just hasn’t allowed me.

I’ve caught myself, especially this week, thinking that I am just ready for Christmas to be over.

I know what you’re thinking…

What?! How can she think that???? It’s the best time of the year.

Exactly, and I had to pretty much slap myself silly on Monday to remind myself of the fact that this IS the best time of the year. I shouldn’t be so stressed about shopping for the perfect gift {for everyone}, baking the perfect goodies, rushing to all the activities, and making sure the house is clean and straight. That’s not what the season is about.

Yes, it’s about giving and being jolly, but it’s the season to be with family and friends and rejoice in each other and the birth of our Lord and Savior.

I got so bogged down in the “to-do” list and the hustle and bustle of the crazy calendar that I forgot to enjoy this time. I was putting my children and playing with them on the back-burner so I could make the perfect craft and snack for their classes.

On Monday evening after complaining to our Pastors at the gym about how overwhelmed I was I realized what I had just said aloud….and that was pretty much the slap in my face.

I should enjoy this time no matter how crazy my schedule is and how much I’m shopping for the perfect gifts. This is the time to really enjoy being with my family, making special memories with my children, and enjoy the magic of Christmas through their eyes.

So here I am, I’m not overwhelmed anymore. Maybe it’s because the shopping and wrapping is complete. Maybe it’s because my husband is home for the next week and a half for vacation. Maybe it’s because I had the “slap in the face”. Whatever it is, I am in the Christmas spirit and I am J-O-L-L-Y!

And really how can you not be jolly when we actually sit back and enjoy the magic of Christmas through the eyes of a child? Attending Christmas programs at preschool will put anyone in the mood.

December 2011 014December 2011 017December 2011 018December 2011 021

Or visiting your daughters dance class’s rendition of The Nutcracker and having her daddy {aka favorite man on Earth} join her.

December 2011 028December 2011 034December 2011 039December 2011 043December 2011 044December 2011 045December 2011 047

December 2011 041

{And yes, she stands just like me… Winking smile}


Even seeing pictures of my adorable nephews and God son helped put me in the mood.

mikey santamikey trainnoah lights

And if none of those work for ya, check this guy out…

December 2011 016

He has to be my favorite decoration in all my house. He is so real-looking with wrinkles and all. But, the most special part of all is the black fur you see was actual fur from Eric’s grandmother’s fur coat. My mother-in-law had him made for me a few years ago and he brings our house to life every year.

During this crazy time I did make a few crafts for decorations and gifts and I’m becoming good friends with my Silhouette, and I can’t wait to share those with you. But for now I leave you with this….

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Tis the Season to be Jolly and Merry and Bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment