Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tis the season…

To be jolly…
To be overwhelmed…
To be merry…
To be busy…
Yes, yes, yes, and yes!
Why is it that this time of year, things speed up to light speed and then it’s all over in the blink of an eye?
It might be because we all get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the craziness the Christmas season brings. And I must admit I am guilty to the full extent.
We finished up Hunter’s birthday party last Saturday. I broke down the trimmings from “Hunter Stadium” to immediately start putting up the trimmings for Christmas. Like most people the Christmas season is my favorite time of year. The smells, the garland, the tree, the lights, and the trimmings. I love putting up our decorations and enjoying them each day. But I have to admit, I’m not one to leisurely put them up and sit back each night and enjoy them…no that’s not me. I’m the one that goes balls to the wall and will knock over anyone who gets in my way to get the decorations up.
Yes, you could say I’m a bit impatient…I will admit that. I also love to enjoy all the decorations and not just a little at the time. I want them up and I want them up N-O-W!!!!!
So anyway, like I was saying, the “Hunter Stadium” trimmings came down off the mantel and the garland went up. It was 8:30 at night, the kids were in bed, and there was no other good time, right? My husband looks at me from the couch and asks, “Are you ever going to stop and sit down?” Sit down? Sit down???? What in the world does that mean? I will admit that all I put up that night was the garland, but hey it was a start.
The garland went up, and in perfect me fashion I decided I wanted new decorations to go along with the garland on the mantel and I would make some. You will see those later.
Last Sunday after church we got our tree, and that night I put the lights on it. I guess I get my light craziness from my daddy. I’m very particular about how the lights go on the tree and the more the merrier. It’s funny because growing up my brother and I were never allowed in the living room while Daddy was putting the lights on the tree. I never understood why until now…it was so he could catch up on his cussin’. And I’m the same way. I like to put the lights on by myself…no one else. As of last Sunday night I was feeling jolly…the decorations had started going up and the lights were on the tree…great! All is good.
Bam, Monday came and jolly quickly became overwhelmed. How in the world was I going to get everything done? The decorations, the shopping, the lights, the parties, Santa visits, and Max the elf. Let’s not forget Max moving every night {which I have done a few times already}.
Oh and did I mention my husband was traveling last week???  Well, here it is another week later and I can say that throughout the week I felt it all: jolly, overwhelmed, merry, and busy…very, very busy. But, here it is another Sunday and I am merry and jolly about the season.
The decorations and lights are up. The tree is beautiful, some shopping has been completed, parties have been attended, Santa visits were made, and crafts were completed.
Here are just a few pictures to prove my merry and bright.
December 2011 001December 2011 004
December 2011 019December 2011 021December 2011 022December 2011 026December 2011 033December 2011 038December 2011 045December 2011 046December 2011 048December 2011 049December 2011 050December 2011 051December 2011 052December 2011 053
How’s your merry and bright coming along?

No comments:

Post a Comment