Monday, June 11, 2012

Laundry Room Reveal

Hey y’all!

I know I’ve been a bit incognito for almost a month now. It’s been very hectic around here, but I’m back and very excited to share with you my laundry room reveal.

It’s been finished for a while, but I wanted to share it with you before I share the other projects and rooms we’ve been re-doing lately.

So, here we go:

Remember this?

laundry room reno Jan 2012 001laundry room reno Jan 2012 004

This was my laundry room up until about the first of the year. I started the transformation and posted about it Here and Here.

I began by painting the cabinets white.

laundry room reno Jan 2012 005January 2012 009

We also added board and batten to the lower part of the walls. The upper part I painted yellow with a darker yellow stripe.

And I put a bench in the entry part of the room.

January 2012 015January 2012 017

If all that wasn’t enough we got new flooring to get rid of that old “nineties” vinyl.

January 2012 003Blog stuff 2012 002

Much better, huh?

Well, then it was time to accessorize…one of my favorite parts. Here’s a ton of pictures to show the room now:

May 2012 008May 2012 009

May 2012 015May 2012 016

February 2012 016May 2012 003

May 2012 004May 2012 005

This is from the top of the cabinets. I picked up a few things here and there {mostly from Michael’s} and pieced them together with things I already had.

I love the UGA drawing and had to have him in there. Eric gave me that a long time ago. He bought it from a guy in the streets of downtown Athens, GA. He was drawing these pictures with his mouth seeing that he had no arms….just amazing to me.

My sweet Mama made my valance and I just LOVE how it fits the room perfectly.

May 2012 010

I made the bench cover using a shower curtain I purchased from Target and THIS tutorial. It was so user friendly.

I love how it turned out.

I had a little material left over from the valance and made a small pillow for my bench.

May 2012 011

The bulletin board I used in the old laundry room and thought it was great to hang kid’s art work and birthday invitations.

I cut out the “Be Kind, Be Happy” and “Be YOU” on black vinyl from my Silhouette and applied them to a couple of picture frames. I used textured scrapbook paper for those frames, and used a couple of pictures I had on hand of the kids.

May 2012 012

May 2012 014

Last was the door. I shared with you earlier how I painted it grey. It looks so great now and adds a bit of contrast.

Well, there you have it, my laundry room transformation.

laundry beforelaundry after

laundry room reno Jan 2012 002May 2012 009

laundry room reno Jan 2012 003May 2012 014

And to think, all this started with a little inspiration…

May 2012 007

…a little ironing board cover I received for Christmas. Thanks, Grammy!!! I love my new room! Smile

2 comments:

  1. It looks awesome, just awesome!!! You did a GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gracious Shana! Its beautiful!!! I just love how bright and open it looks in the 'after'! I cant wait to come and see it! :)

    ReplyDelete