Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Berry, Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake

I’m not really sure what to call this coffee cake but we’ll go with it.

Yesterday I was on Pinterest and found this yummy recipe for some kind of an oatmeal, berry, chocolate chip granola bar/coffee cake thing. It looked and sounded so good. But silly me didn’t pin it and for the life of me this morning I could not find the recipe.

So, I got out my cookbook/notebook where I keep a ton of recipes and found my tried and true blueberry coffee cake recipe.

I then kind of came up with my own version of a mixture of what I remember seeing yesterday with this recipe I had.

I actually thought it turned out pretty good. Here it is:

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour                  

2 tsp. baking powder                                        

1/2 tsp. salt                                      

1 cup old fashioned oats

3/4 cup sugar

1 egg

1/2 cup milk

1-2 cups frozen mixed berries

1 cup chocolate chips

1 handful chopped walnuts

1/3 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup white sugar

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1 cup old-fashioned oats

1/4 cup butter, softened

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 9 inch baking pan.
  2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix in 1 cup oats. Set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, and egg. Stir in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing until incorporated.Blog stuff 2012 002
  4. Layer batter in bottom of greased pan.
  5. Sprinkle top of batter with fruit, chocolate chips, and walnuts.Blog stuff 2012 004
  6. In a small bowl mix the streusel topping, and sprinkle on top of fruit. To make streusel topping, combine 1/3 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, and oats. Cut in butter to resemble coarse crumbs.Blog stuff 2012 006
  7. Bake at 375 degrees for about 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Blog stuff 2012 009
  8. Cool a few minutes and then enjoy. Blog stuff 2012 013

It was super yummy. I hope you try it sometime.

Happy Wednesday, y’all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment