Monday, July 9, 2012

1st Grade…

July 2012 062

Dear my Sweet Dallas,

Today you started first grade. To be honest, I’m not quite sure how I feel about that. You are growing up much too fast, and I haven’t figured out how to slow it down, so I guess we’ll just roll with it. Smile

This time last year you were starting Kindergarten. You clung to my leg and cried for days going to school. You did not want to leave your Mama…and I love that.

Today, my dear, you were a completely different child. You walked me to your classroom because you knew where it was. You led me down the hall with all the confidence in the world hanging over you. You had a great big, gorgeous smile on your face and seemed quite excited to start first grade.

You have grown so much over the last year. You have lost 4 teeth and have a couple loose. You have grown your bangs out because now you’re a “big girl”, but thank goodness you still love to wear hairbows.

You are a true southern belle, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. You’ve got the best manners, and now will look at people when they talk to you.

You are a good friend. You know how to treat people the way you want to be treated, and you make Daddy and I so proud with how sweet and loving you are.

I could go on and on about YOU! Just know that today on your first day of 1st grade Mommy and Daddy couldn’t be more proud of you. You are one of the best things that’s ever happened to us. We are so blessed and honored to be your parents! Winking smile

Here’s to a great 1st grade year, Sweetie!

Love you,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment