Sunday, December 16, 2012

Super 5th Super Hero Birthday

Well, seeing that I seem to be a day {or a couple of weeks} late and a dollar short, I guess it’s about time I post about my son’s 5th birthday.

Ha!

Hunter turned 5 on December 1, and we had a Super Hero Birthday for my little super hero.

It was so fun putting this party together. My little man LOVES to dress up. He wears costumes, multiple costumes, all day long. He wears them to school, to the store, and sometimes even to bed.

So, to have his friends come in their costumes to his party was right up his alley. We also decided to get a face painter to come as well.

As usual, I was a bit rushed with traveling for Thanksgiving and coming home to get into party mode, but it all came together and worked out perfectly.

I had a lot of fun scouring Pinterest to find super cute ideas for decorations. And my Silhouette and I became close again…if only for a week. Ha!

December 2012-Hunter 5th bday 076-2

This was the entry table…dedicated to my little guy. I took the four pictures outside the house one after noon. We had so much fun doing these.

December 2012-Hunter 5th bday 013-2

This was the food table. I made the city night scape with black poster board, silver permanent markers, and yellow paint. We used these to decorate our car for our church’s Trunk or Treat at Halloween. So, I hung on to them and they worked perfectly for the food table. I made the paper popcorn holders from scrapbook paper. The yellow canisters were purchased at the Dollar Spot at Target. I bought them a while back knowing they’d come in handy one day…yep, they sure did.

December 2012-Hunter 5th bday 010-2

Eric was a trooper and hung spider webs for me all over the room. I mean what good is Spiderman without his spider web, right?

The bubble signs were also used for the trunk or treat. I made them with pre-cut poster board and letters I cut with my Silhouette.

The capes on the table were part of the party favors.

collage-5

These were super simple. I purchased capes from Target {$2.00 each), my sister and law and I cut out the letters in felt, and I glued them on using this flexible fabric glue.

December 2012-Hunter 5th bday 012-2

If you know me, you know I can’t have a party without water bottle labels. I printed these Spiderman inspired labels on my Silhouette. I also cut out the Batman logo, and then wrapped the juice boxes with black wrapping paper.

December 2012-Hunter 5th bday 015-2

I think this table was the kids’ favorite. Once they found the candy…it was O.V.E.R.

I used shoe boxes to make the 3-D buildings and wrapped them with black wrapping paper. I also made the speech bubble signs for the kids to put in their party favor bags.

December 2012-Hunter 5th bday 016-2

Behind the sweets table was another night city scape. I made it with black wrapping paper, silver permanent markers, and yellow paint. I loved how it turned out.

Above it was of course a Happy Birthday banner I made. I just love making these.

December 2012-Hunter 5th bday 081-2

December 2012-Hunter 5th bday 014-2December 2012-Hunter 5th bday 019

These are just a couple other shots of decorations.

Now, let’s get down to some serious party business…the cake.

My cake girl came through once again and the cake was awesome.

December 2012-Hunter 5th bday 003-2

It was super cute and Hunter loved it. The kids all loved the cookies too!

collage

December 2012-Hunter 5th bday 008-2

Like I said before, we had a face painter come. “Sparkles” did a great job and the kids all stood in line so patiently waiting to get their faces painted.

But most of all the kids loved being dressed in their costumes playing super heroes.

December 2012-Hunter 5th bday 006-2

Being in the South, you never know what kind of weather you’re going to get on December 1. A couple of years ago it snowed for Hunter’s party. This year it was 60 degrees! Perfect to send 14 little ones outside to play.

I had a couple of games to play and we had a great time.

First it was Pin the mask on the super hero.

I went to Staples and had a poster size picture of Hunter the Superman printed up.

December 2012-Hunter 5th bday 029-2

I mean how stinking cute is that???

I blind-folded the kids and let them tape a paper mask to Hunter’s face.

collage-2

They did a great job!

collage-3

Next, we played Capture the bad guy.

Eric put on a “bandit” mask and hid in the bushes. I gathered the kids together and asked them, “What do super heroes do?” They all yelled, “Get the bad guys!” I gave each of them some toilet paper and told them to be on the look out for a bad guy. If they saw one they had to wrap him up with their paper.

collage-4

Oh my goodness, so super fun!!!

Then it was cake time!!!

December 2012-Hunter 5th bday 050

What a super duper fun time for my little super hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment