Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Painted Desk

So, I’m finally getting to share with you the painted desk I did for my daughter, Dallas, when we began her room transformation. So far I’ve shared with you the refinished desk chair and fabric covered bulletin board I did for her new room. Now it’s time for the desk.

Blog stuff 2012 060

If you remember, it all started with the purchase of a desk…October 2012 059

I found this desk at Good Will of all places. It’s a Broyhill and pretty heavy. The problem was, they were asking $100 for the desk and a hideous chair that went with it. I couldn’t believe Good Will was asking that much so I left. I went back a couple of days later and saw it was marked down to $60.00. Now that’s better. So, I grabbed it up, and left the awful chair right there where it stood.

The purchase of this desk then brought on the change of Dallas’ room altogether. I painted her room and also this desk.

Taking the advice of a friend, I decided to paint it turquoise…one of Dallas’ favorite colors.

Blog stuff 2012 065-1

I love how it turned out. I changed the hardware and just love the face lift it got. It’s got a new life.

I also did a little something different and painted the sides of the drawers grey. {I used the same grey that I used to paint a stripe in her room as well, but I’ll share that later.}

Blog stuff 2012 063

I love how it turned out…kind of gave it a little something extra I think.

Blog stuff 2012 061-1

I also love how the refinished desk chair fits so perfectly with it.

So, here it is…all three together.

Blog stuff 2012 058-2

She absolutely loves all three and I will be completely honest with you and tell you that it looks nothing like the picture these days. The desk is stuffed with junk inside and out, and the bulletin board is covered in papers.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope one of these projects inspires you to take on something new.

Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment