Monday, March 28, 2011

Ice Cream Party

A little side note: I've got some "catching up" to do, but my love for parties started when my son turned 1 and my daughter turned 3. So, we'll start from there and move forward. Each party I throw, I get a little more detailed and just love doing each one. So, here we go...here's Dallas' third birthday party.

Dallas turns 3!
I decided to do an ice cream party...I mean who doesn't like ice cream. My mom and her friend are really good at making their grandbabies clothes, so it just seemed fitting to get her to make Dallas' dress for the party. It was just precious.
The birthday girl in her dress!
Of course the colors we chose were pink and purple, because those are her favorite colors. So, everything was pink and purple. We had balloons, streamers, flowers, etc.
Now, like I said before, I've gotten better and better with the "details" of the parties I throw. This was one of the firsts, so it's not as detailed as others that will be posted, but all in all I thought it turned out to be a great party.


The birthday girl and her daddy
  
For food, I made Cherry Cream Cheese Cake Tarts, Pimento Cheese and Banana & Fluff party sandwiches I cut in the shape of an ice cream cone, Strawberries and grapes, Chocolate covered pretzel rods with pink and purple sprinkles, kid's party mix (Fruit Loops, marshmallows, raisins, and pretzel fish). We also had ice cream sundaes and cupcakes with pink and purple polka-dots.

 


We really didn't have any games played because the kids were between the ages of 1-3 so we just let them play with toys in the house. But, they all seemed to have fun playing with all the toys.

After having some snacks, they made ice cream sundaes and had cupcakes.

The party favors, I used ice cream cones and stuffed them with Valentine Candy.


Jackson Showing off his party favor


Mommy and the birthday girl


No comments:

Post a Comment