Thursday, March 24, 2011

Nothin' like some Southern cookin'

I love to cook...actually I love, love, love to cook. So, when I have the opportunity to cook for people, I love it even more. We had an out of town guest come for dinner last night. He's from Delaware and doing some training in town, so we invited him for dinner.
I asked Eric what I should make, and his quick response was..."Something Southern". I love that man!
I worked on dinner for several hours, but it was so worth it. Here's the menu:
Beer Butt Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Creamed Corn (of course with lots of butter)
Green bean (cooked down in bacon grease and onion)
Rolls
Gravy
Deviled Eggs
and for dessert - a take on an old great classic,
Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes

Check out the recipe section for some of the recipes

I'm so new to this and terrible at taking pictures, but I will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment