Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Dream Come True

Today was a day that I had dreamt of for a long time, my daughter's first dance recital. I grew up following in my Mama's footsteps and danced for 12 years, and now my little girl is following in her Mama's footsteps. It was such an exciting day and I'm not sure who was more excited Dallas or me (I was beside myself with excitment).
Dallas started taking tap and ballet this year at a local dance studio, Dance Dynamics. It's a great studio that reminds me of where I learned how to dance, The Linda Wright School of Dance. She really enjoyed going every week. Just like her Mama, she seems to like tap more than ballet, but she really enjoys both.
This morning, she was up at the crack of dawn in the giddiest mood I've seen in a while. We had a quick breakfast and then it was time to get dressed. She then turned into a typical 5 year old. She ran upstairs to get her make-up on and curl her hair. As soon as I started though she started in with the, "when are you going to be done?" and "you're never going to be finished." No patience, but then again she was so excited. I put some make up on and curled her hair some with the curling iron. Time was running short, so we were soon in a rush. I got her dressed and hair all finished and then pretty much threw on my clothes...we did not want to be late (we arrived 45 minutes early - oops).

We found great seats and my excitment really began to boil...I was like a kid in a candy store and was beside myself for the show to start. I walked her back to the back and then returned to my seat just before the show started.

Dallas and her bff, Natalia, before the show
As the over head lights dimmed and the stage lights came on, memories flooded me and all of a sudden I realized I have dreamt this for a long time....my daughter was now doing what I always loved doing....dancing.

To say I am one proud Mama is an understatement. Yes, she was a typical 5 year old and watched the side of the stage as the teacher did the dances with them, but she was up there with a smile on her face and danced her little heart out. I am so proud and overjoyed at her performance, but then again, I guess she has it in her bones.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! I became a follower! :) Erin

    www.healthybranscoms.com

    ReplyDelete