Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fun in the Sun

Last weekend was a great weekend. We had Eric's brother, Mike, and his family come to town. They arrived Thursday evening and the fun began. I loved spending time with all of them, especially my two cute nephews...they are so great.
I could tell you all about our fun weekend and go on and on about the cool things we did such as ice cream at Goodberry's (for lunch none-the-less), playing in the slip n' slide and kiddie pool, going to a surprise party, and grilling out. But I think I'll focus most of my story on my favorite thing, taking the kids to the Carolina Mudcats game (one of the two minor league baseball teams we have in the area).

lunch at Goodberry's
If you follow this blog you might know that I love baseball, and my son (and husband) is really into baseball too. I was so excited to take us all to the game, because my nephews have never been to a baseball game. The daddies took the boys out in the morning to get real baseball helmets because Hunter knows that baseball players wear helmets when they run the bases. Granted it was very hot out that day and we ended up leaving them in the car for the game but they love them! In fact, Hunter wears his helmet all day long...he'd even sleep in it if I'd let him - sooo cute!
Well, of course it had to be one of the hottest days of the year so far, but I wasn't going to let it slow us down. We drank lots of water on the way to the game and promised 'special treats' once in the stadium. We found Will Call and got our tickets. Normally, we go to the Durham Bulls games so I had never been to this stadium before, and I was loving our seats....we were in section 207, rows 3 & 4. We were right next to home plate on the 1st base line...awesome seats...only problem, it was sunny and H.O.T....did I say hot?

We all settled in for a little while but unfortunately it was too hot for baby Noah. Leigh, took him down in the shade and found a great little place behind the season ticket holder's section in the shade and right next to the field. When the kids got too hot and started whining for their treats we left our great seats and found her and Noah. It was a great thing we did that, because within a few minutes of being there we somehow scored some season ticket holder's seats (who didn't show for the game, and others who left early). Before we knew it we had the whole back row of seats in the shade even closer to the field than with our seats...A.W.E.S.O.M.E. The kids LOVED the game. I had so much fun watching Hunter and Mikey cheer for the Mudcats and yell "Strrriiikkkeee" with the umpire. I loved dancing with Dallas between the innings. It was a great time.


The boys in our new seats!

Noah playing peek-a-boo with Dallas











 
And what could make it better, you ask??? The kids got to run the bases after the game. Hunter and Mikey were beyond excited and the daddies got to go with them. Dallas went down with them but quickly changed her mind, so we watched from the stands.


Hunter jumping on home plate.
What a great day. Yes, the weather was hot, but it turned out great because we scored some awesome seats in the shade, and the kids really enjoyed the game; and that's why we went...for the kids. Seeing them have a good time made my weekend and I loved being there with our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment