Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Two holidays that flew by



Man oh man, where did April go??? I cannot believe it is almost the middle of May. Somehow Easter and Mother's Day flew right by and with our busy schedule I haven't had much time to write, so I guess tonight I'm playing a bit of catch-up. Easter was great! My parents came to town for a quick stay, and we could not have asked for better weather; there was no humidity, warm temperatures and a slight breeze to the air. My poor parents hit some bad traffic on the way up from Georgia and it took 9 1/2 hours to get here when a normal trip takes 8 hours. Needless to say, they were ready to get out of the car and "hit dry land" as my daddy likes to say. Soon after their arrival, the three girls, my mom, Dallas, and me took off for a pedicure. What a fun time. I actually took my camera but completely forgot to take pictures...boo. Dallas picked out her hot pink polish and got up in the panda chair for little girls. She was so excited. "Mama" was feeling a bit giving and let her get her nails and toes painted including little white flowers - just didn't realize it was going to cost me $15.00...that's more than a manicure!!! Oh well, this was the first time doing this with the three of us and it was well worth it.
After the nails trip, it was time to dye Easter eggs. I did remember to take pictures of this and like they say, 'pictures are worth 1,000 words'.

 


 {I can remember dying Easter eggs with my parents and I loved it so much. I love now being able to make the memories with my children of something that I cherish as a childl}

Once the eggs were died, it was time to go to dinner. We went to one of our favorite places, Shuckers. It's a great family seafood, oyster, and steak restaurant. The food is delicious!! Again, I took the camera but no pictures got taken...man I am bad. We had a great time and as always the food was great!

Sunday morning was glorious. The kids got their baskets from the Easter Bunny and they immediately wanted to go hunt for their Easter eggs, so off we went, pajamas and all!

 
We then ate a quick breakfast and got dressed in our Easter best! My kids were super cute. I love, love, love Dallas' dress. My mom sews a lot and makes Dallas outfits all the time; mostly jumpers and coordinating capris and tops. So, when she told me she made Dallas a dress that she could wear for Easter I thought, "Ok, we'll have to see about this one". Just look at it!!! It's beautiful. I was amazed and awestruck at how beautiful it is and she looks so gorgeous in it...I know, I know, I'm her mom I can say that.
 
And yes, my son has on pink...something I thought I'd never let happen. But, we "manned" it up with some pirate imbroderied shorts and not to mention, he matches Papa G...so he was happy.
Church service was beautiful and so touching as it always is. I have to quickly give kuddos to our paster, Ed. He is why we chose our church. Well, that and the fact that there are a ton of young families with young kids which is perfect for us. None-the-less, Ed is so moving and inspirational. He's just what we need to get us exicted to learn about God and live our lives according to His purpose.

That afternoon, the girls were in the kitchen while the boys were out playing. Dallas helped make the ever famous bunny cake. I made a strawberry cake this year, and it was delish. Then we began to prepare for dinner. On the menu: grilled bbq chicken, onion souffle, roasted spring vegetables, beer bread and of course deviled eggs (which Dallas helped for the first time). It was really good...and of course cake to end the meal. This year was a great Easter and I loved spending time with my family.

 


And with the blink of an eye, Mother's Day was here. Easter will definitely over-shadow Mother's Day here because it was pretty uneventful, which was nice. The kids and I had just returned from a trip from Lexington, KY (look for that in another entry). Needless to say we were tired and wanted to just chill. We went to church that morning for another lovely service, and one very interesting. We are starting to study how to "live" to the 10 Commandments...very interesting.


After church, we just past the time with daddy doing an art project for my mother's day gift. I got a little (and much needed) couch time. Dallas and I did a little shopping and then we made dinner. My sweet Hunter helped make it all. He helped me in the kitchen make the scalloped potatoes and onions and then he helped daddy grill the porkchops.

 
 Dallas and I had a fun time doing a photo shoot...I love having a girl :o).


All-in-all it was the perfect Mother's Day...time spent with my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment