Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Little Pumpkin Fun

Typically I refuse to pull out anything pumpkin before October 1. I know it may seem strange, but to me it’s like not wearing white shoes after Labor Day and not before Easter. Call me crazy, and it may be a “southern” thing, not sure, but I won’t do it. Just like I won’t put out anything “fall” or “Halloween stuff” before October 1. I won’t even have a Pumpkin Spice Latte before then either…typically. Well, today I pretended that it was October 1. One day shy won’t hurt me, right?

I am ready. I’m ready for pumpkin spice smells, cooler weather, Pumpkin Spice Lattes (non-fat of course). I’m ready to put out my Halloween/fall decorations and I’m ready for a season change. It’s time, people…let’s do this already.

So today, I decided we’d start a day early. Dallas and I went out for a little while together. We first stopped for a coffee and hot chocolate. I decided I had waited long enough and it was high time for a Pumpkin Spice Latte. I ordered one…kinda felt weird ordering it but not too bad. We then set out to have our nails done. Low and behold the 2 places we went to were closed. Humph…

So, we decided to head to Michael’s to see if we could find some craft projects…and boy did we. I found some cute new decorations for the house, paints for projects, lots and lots of ribbons, and some cute pumpkin decorating kits.

She settled on the princess and we got Hunter the pirate…

They are total cuteness.

blog stuff 2012 026

They cost $1.99 for each one, and they take foam sticker projects to a whole new level. We had to have them.

On the way home we stopped by a road side pumpkin stand. She picked out two small pumpkins for them, and we got a few more things as well.

blog stuff 2012 027

The pumpkins were 2 for $7.00 and they are the perfect size.

I helped them a little in the beginning because we had to stick pipe cleaners in the pumpkin in a couple of spots to make the hats, hair, and ears stay. After that, it was all them.

They worked real hard on their pumpkins…

pumpkin fun

Then ta-da, they were finished. They were both super proud of their pumpkins, and I think they are just too cute.

pumpkin fin 2

How cute are those two? No silly, not the kids, I know they’re cute; I’m talking about the pumpkins. Aren’t they adorable?

The best part of all…there was no messy carving, and absolutely NO messy paint. Love-it!

So, we have a pirate and a bubble gum loving princess…just like my two kiddos.

They now have a special place on the stairs. I think the best part of all…THEY are my first Halloween/Fall decoration, and I love that they were made by my two kiddos.

blog stuff 2012 048

No comments:

Post a Comment