Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

I promised y’all some thoughts for this Thursday, but it’s after 9:00 and my brain is slowly turning off…kind of like a dimmer light switch.

First…Can you believe it’s September?! I surely cannot. It’s crazy to me that things are about to gear up for birthdays {in our house} and the holidays. I am personally super excited about the upcoming turning of the seasons. I {heart} fall…just love it.

I love how the temperatures get cooler, the leaves begin to change, college football is in full-swing, and we get to wear our jeans.

There is nothing better to me than wearing a pair of light weight jeans and some sandals or flip flops. Just love it!

I love being able to play outside with the kids; heck, I like being able to walk to the mailbox without breaking out in a full-fledge sweat. I’ll let you in on a little secret…this southern girl sweats – I am not one to glisten or perspire, I sweat. But, that’s beside the point. The humidity that loves to set in down here in the south and torture us for months on end…yeah, I don’t miss it while it’s gone.

And now that September is upon us, so is the start of a new school year. I don’t know about you, but I am so ready for some schedules around here. I love having time off, but I think it’s in our human nature to thrive on schedules. I love them. I like having things to do and places to be.

Dallas has been in school for some time now, but Hunter’s been with me. It was time for him to get back to school. We made a difficult decision last year to switch preschools. We have been at one preschool for 4 years. I was very active there and loved the program and all the people, but the drive time had really worn me down. With drive time, I was only getting 2 hours to get things done…and you and I both know that is no time at all.

We also felt that Hunter needed a 4 day program, so we prayed about it, and made the decision to switch to a preschool closer to home. It also helped that I have a few friends who already go there. Hunter attended a camp there one week this summer and loved it. He started on Wednesday and he LOVES it. He does miss his friends from his old preschool, but he’s already made a couple of friends and talks and talks about all the things they do and what he’s learned. I am so excited he’s doing so well.

One thing I cannot believe is that he started his last-first day of preschool. Where in the world did time go? I cannot believe that after this year he will be in kindergarten. It just blows my mind.

August 2012 109August 2012 111

Isn’t he just the cutest???

His big sister was so happy for him and had to get in one shot…

August 2012 113

When we got to school, he went right in hung up his backpack and got right to work. I am one proud Mama!

August 2012 116August 2012 118

This week not only brought new beginnings of a school year for Hunter, but it also brought the start of a new dance year for Dallas. She decided this year that she wanted to take jazz and tap. We went out earlier this week and got all new gear and she was ready to go. She was super excited to start today.

August 2012 029August 2012 030

Well, I hope y’all have had a great week so far. Happy Thursday!

I would love to hear of how first day of school have gone for your little ones…

No comments:

Post a Comment