Saturday, September 29, 2012

What a Week

I don’t know about you, but I had such a busy week. I’m sorry I was a little removed this week and didn’t get to post, but I was running like a crazy woman all week.

I did my normal routine with taking kids to school, volunteering, and crafting a little. I will say my favorite part of the week was that my hubby had two days off work. He had some vacation to use up, and decided to take a few days off this week. We had a great time. We actually went to lunch just the two of us one day, and the next day we went and had coffee after going to the gym. We don’t ever get to spend time together during the week without kids, and I tell you, it was so great. We weren’t yelling over kids to try and have a conversation, and we weren’t being interrupted every two seconds saying that what we were talking about was “boring”. Ha! that’s kids for ya.

I may not have gotten all that I “needed” to do during the week, but now looking back, what I really “needed” was to spend some time with my favorite guy.

I did make a birthday present for Dallas’ teacher this week. I made her a personalized clip board. I’ll post it next week sometime. {I haven’t uploaded the pictures yet.}

Today we had kind of a busy day on the calendar, but rain set it and washed all our plans away. So, instead of going and doing, we stayed home and worked on some projects. I’m so excited. I finally finished a project I’ve been wanting to do for over a month. I cannot wait to share it with you, but for now, you’ll have to wait.

I will give you a hint though. Remember when I wrote about going to see the Southern Living Idea House in Senoia, GA? Well, they did something I thought was so cool. They had panel curtains hanging on the inside of the front door.

Foyer

I just love how the curtains really add some dimension and character to what normally is a boring part of the home.

Well, this is unfortunately not my house. Smile This is the all too beautiful Idea Home.

However, I did take their idea and make them my own. I would show you a picture, but that would just spoil the fun now wouldn’t it. Stay tuned because I’m super excited to share them with you.

Well y’all, it’s late. I’ve had a busy day sewing, playing with kids, and pulling for my Bulldawgs…it’s now time to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment