Friday, September 14, 2012

Baking Friday

I love baking especially on Friday. Not sure why. I guess I like starting the weekend off with yummy treats. I don’t do it often, but I do love it.

It’s funny, as I started baking today with Hunter, I had a flashback to college. Every Friday morning I would make muffins for my roommates and me. I had an 8:00 am class. I would go to class, come home, make a fresh {right out of the pouch} batch of muffins before my roommates were even up…or maybe they were studying. Anyway, we deemed Friday as “Muffin Friday”.  To this day, I still like making muffins for my kids on Fridays…

Anyway, I digress. I guess the point of that nonsense rant was to show you that I like to bake on Fridays.

Today, Hunter asked if we could make chocolate chip cookies. They’re his favorite. I agreed and we bought the stuff when we were at the store. I also decided that since Dallas was having a little friend over after school to play, I would make them a fun snack. I recently saw this yummy snack on a blog I follow for making Jell-O Popcorn. It looked so yummy. I decided that would be their fun snack. So, after they got home from school, Hunter and I got busy in the kitchen. and I got my “Baking Friday” fix.

Blog stuff 2012 032

Chocolate chip cookies made by Hunter…I know it’s the dough, but that’s the part that the best part anyway, right???

Blog stuff 2012 035

Orange Jell-O Popcorn. Doesn’t that look scrumptious??? It’s the perfect blend of sweet and salty.

But, to make it even better, I added…

Blog stuff 2012 036

candy corn

Now that is the bomb-diggity!!!

If you want to make some of this yummy, of the charts popcorn for you or your little ones, go visit, House of Smiths. It’s simple to make and the kids love it.

{Oh, but take it from me, when you’re cooking the jell-o sauce, don’t touch it to see if it’s “grainy”…it burns. That stuff sticks to your finger like hot glue and doesn’t want to come off…OUCH.}

Happy Friday, Y’all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment