Monday, January 28, 2013

7 Years Ago…

Dear Dallas,

Today you turn 7, and I can’t seem to wrap my brain around the fact that you’ve been with us for 7 years. It seems like just yesterday we were on our way to the hospital to meet our first born child. We did not know if you were a boy or a girl, but somewhere deep down inside me I think I knew you were a girl…call it crazy mama intuition, but I knew God was going to give me a girl, and I am so happy that he gave me YOU!

232323232-fp356-nu=3266-9;7--;9-WSNRCG=3233;6723-739nu0mrj

When you were born you were perfect in every way {and my goodness at the hair}. I remember the look on your daddy’s face when he told me you were a girl…half shocked and half ecstatic. It only took him a second to look at you before he was completely and utterly enamored by you.

232323232-fp34;-nu=3266-9;7--;9-WSNRCG=3233;6723-737nu0mrj

Since you were born, I’ve always called you my “angel”. You have brought so much joy and happiness into our lives I can’t even begin to explain it. You make us laugh and smile every single day. Yes, we may have our frustrating moments, but that’s part of raising a child…and sometimes a child raising his/her parents. None-the-less, you make us so happy and we are so proud to be your mama and daddy.

Somehow seven years have flown by and here we are on your 7th birthday. You are so grown up in so many ways.

You are in first grade and have lots of friends.

field trip 1st grade 2012 020

You love school. You’re becoming a great reader and you love math.

You absolutely LOVE to dance. You take tap and jazz this year and are loving it.

August 2012 030August 2012 029

Last week you got your ears pierced. It took a lot of debating you your side, and I think you had to talk yourself into it, but you did it. I have to say, it was one of my proudest moments being your mommy. You faced your fear {of it hurting} and you did it anyway.

January 2013 phone pics 050

As of today, you’ve lost 7 teeth. You haven’t always been the best of sports with them coming out and sometimes brought a lot of drama, but you sure do like when the Tooth-fairy brings you your money.

April 2012 001

Always remember that Mama and Daddy will love and support you! We are your family and we will always be proud of you. You are a sweet and nurturing child, and I know you will grow up to be that kind of an adult. You care about others and that makes you a wonderful person. You are beautiful inside and out and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

Always stand up for what you believe in and love with your whole heart.

Happy birthday, my sweet angel!!! I look forward to celebrating so many more with you!

November 2012 081

I love you to the moon and back!

Love always,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment