Thursday, January 17, 2013

Jalapeno Salmon with Lime Butter

This recipe is so yummy and the only kind of salmon my husband likes…so I thought I’d share.

My kids really like it too, and don’t worry, it’s not spicy.

blog stuff 2013 005-3

1/4 cup vegetable oil

1/2 cup orange juice

3 Tbsp. lime juice

1 Tbsp. grated lime zest

1 Tbsp. minced jalapeno pepper {I used the jar kind, but always take out the center so it’s not so spicy.}

1 tsp. minced garlic

4 {5 oz. salmon steaks}

1/4 cup butter, softened

1/4 tsp. garlic powder

1 Tbsp. lime juice

2 tsp. minced jalapeno pepper

2 tsp. grated lime zest

In a bowl, stir together first 6 ingredients. Reserve a small amount to use as a basting sauce, and pour the remainder into a shallow baking dish.

Place salmon in the dish, and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate 2-4 hours, turning occasionally.

In a small bowl, mix together butter and next 4 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cover the bottom of a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with Pam.

Place the salmon on the foil and discard marinade. Use the extra sauce to baste the fish.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fish is cooked and flakes easily with a fork.

Transfer to serving dish and top with the jalapeno-lime butter and serve.

 

Need a good side dish to go with the salmon??? Try my rice pilaf. It’s light, easy, and delicious. Recipe is found HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find this recipe just as yummy as my family.

S~

No comments:

Post a Comment