Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Big Step {Or Pedal}

Hey there friends! How are you?

I’m sorry I’ve been a little incognito. I have been sick! And when I say I was sick, I think I’ve been the sickest I’ve ever been in my life…or at least in a r.e.a.l.l.y. long time. It’s been a very long road with lots of medication and lots and lots of couch time, but I’m finally on the mend. Thank. goodness.

So, today I was going to write and catch up on all the things I’ve been wanting to post. There are recipes, parties, and some fun things I wanted to share.

But all of that will have to wait. We made a huge milestone today in our house and I just have to share.

Our daughter learned to ride her bike WITHOUT training wheels.

It may not seem like a big deal, but this is huge people.

Dallas will be 7 at the end of the month. We’ve talked about teaching her this spring. She’s even mentioned that she would just wait until she turned 8…

Well, yesterday Eric took the kids to a greenway to ride their scooters. Dallas being her Dallas self was very observant to the fact that all the kids {some even younger than her} were all riding their bikes without training wheels. She didn’t say anything then, just let it all soak in.

Today, Eric was outside taking down all the Christmas lights {yes, we’re a bit late on this, but did I mention I’ve been really sick?} Dallas went out with him to ride her scooter. She mentioned to him about all the kids riding their bikes without training wheels. A quick conversation ensued, and before you know it she was determined she wanted her training wheels off her bike.

Eric jumped at this opportunity and off to the back yard they went.

Can I just tell you that with one push she was riding her bike by herself.

She took off and hasn’t stopped since.

blog stuff and yearbook 2013 052-2

I mean this girl ROCKS! She figured out how to start, stop, turn, and stand all within a few minutes.

blog stuff and yearbook 2013 054-2

blog stuff and yearbook 2013 056-2

She is SO excited…it’s all she want to do.

blog stuff and yearbook 2013 051-2

I am beyond proud of and super excited for my sweet little girl.

blog stuff and yearbook 2013 058-2

2 comments:

  1. Noah says he is ready to learn as well. Scott offered to take off the training wheels though and he got a little nervous... hopefully over the next month or so we will get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Noah! He'll do great. Sometimes it takes them wanting it more than us. It's been a huge confidence booster for Dallas. I know Noah will do awesome too. :o)

    ReplyDelete