Friday, January 25, 2013

This & That

Hey y’all! Happy Friday!

I’ve been meaning to write for the past week, but things are just crazy around here. And then there’s the fact that I get so overwhelmed with topics to write about I just give up on all of it and think it will go away…yeah, nope…we’re still here.

So, instead of hiding under my pillow for a minute longer, I’ll just catch up on a few things that’s been going around these parts.

Last Friday we woke up to snow! It was just a dusting and pretty icy to play in, but none-the-less there was white stuff on the ground and the kids were ecstatic.

On Thursday before the “storm” hit I realized that the kids had NO snow gear…no pants, no boots, hardly any sweat shirts. So, in perfect southern fashion I rushed to Target. I hit the sales rack and racked up on gear for them. Sometimes it works in our favor when we wait to the last minute and then find regularly priced snow pants at $24.99 marked down to $5.98…SCORE!!!

I also got their boots on clearance. And I must say I was a pretty smart mama and bought their things a bit too big so they can wear them for a couple of years.

Well, the snow came but not like predicted…we only got a dusting.

January 2013 014

The kids don’t know any better…snow is snow to them. Schools were delayed 2 hours so Dallas got to play before heading off for some learning.

We bundled up in our gear and headed outside.

January 2013 013

January 2013 002

January 2013 003

Their favorite thing is to eat the snow…in this case, the chunks of ice.

January 2013 phone pics 018

Then we started playing, trying to make snow angels…

January 2013 phone pics 019

January 2013 phone pics 020

It was a no-go…too icy!!!

But, we did have some fun laying in the icy grass…

January 2013 phone pics 022

January 2013 phone pics 026

January 2013 phone pics 027

It was a super fun morning!

This week Dallas tracked out so we had some “quality” time together while Hunter was in school in the mornings.

We went to the mall on Monday to get her a new birthday girl shirt {seeing that her birthday is Monday} and we walked out getting her ears pierced!!!

January 2013 phone pics 050

She’s been talking about doing it for about 6 months now. We told her our rule was that she had to be old enough to take care of them herself {same rule my mama and daddy told me}. She had decided she wanted to do it for her 7th birthday. Until….a couple of weeks ago I asked her and she said she wanted to wait until she was 8. That’s my girl!

Well, we were at the mall and found ourselves in front of Claire’s. I proposed she do it while we were there…

Ha! Silly me! The next hour included us walking up and down the mall with her asking over and over if it was going to hurt, crying, and just plain nervous.

I tried to talk her out of it, but she insisted she wanted to do it…and then cried some more.

Out of the blue {like heaven-sent} a mom walked in and wanted to get HER ears pierced. So, Dallas got to watch her.

January 2013 phone pics 044

And then she decided to do it!!!

collage

I am SO proud of her!!! This time last year there would be no way she would’ve have gone through with this. She has grown so much in the last few months. She’s more confident and will take more chances even if she’s a little nervous…and I couldn’t be more proud of her.

Since this time last week we’ve had snow, ear piercings, and some super cold weather. I have supreme cabin fever right now and can’t wait to get away for a few days…

but we woke up today and guess what???

January 2013 phone pics 053

…more snow!

It started around 11:00 am today and snowed for about an hour. Then it stopped and next thing that came was what us southerners hate…ICE!!!

So, yet again we’re hunkered inside with soup in the crockpot and waiting for the hubs to get home…this mama is d.o.n.e!!!

Thanks for catching up with me! I hope y’all have a wonderful weekend. We’re excited to celebrate our little angel’s birthday all weekend before her special day on Monday!

Stay warm out there, and y’all come back now!!!

S~

No comments:

Post a Comment