Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Birthday Cake Pancakes

So, I found this idea on Pinterest {of course} a while back and thought it was a super cute idea. Birthday cake pancakes for the birthday boy or girl.

I loved the idea and thought I’d start it here at our house as a birthday tradition. I made them first for my son’s birthday and they were a hit, so I made them for my daughter’s birthday this week.

If you’re looking for something fun and festive to do on your child’s birthday morning, you have to try these.

January 2013 087-1

Here’s what you need:

Pancake mix

water

vanilla

sprinkles

powdered sugar

milk

January 2013 081

In a mixing bowl, mix 2 cups pancake mix and 1 1/2 cups water.

January 2013 080

Stir in 1 tsp. vanilla and 2-3 Tbsp. sprinkles.

January 2013 082

Pour out your mix into small pancakes on a heated griddle pan.

January 2013 083

Flip after they become bubbly on top and cook on the other side.

I like to keep mine warm in a warm oven while I make the whole batch.

Plate them on a fun plate. In a small bowl mix about 1/3 cup powdered sugar and a little bit of milk. Drizzle over the pancakes and there you have it…birthday cake pancakes.

January 2013 086

Thanks for stopping by. I hope these make your little {or big} one’s birthday extra special!

S~

No comments:

Post a Comment