Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thankful #'s 2 & 3...and a little project

Hey there, y'all. I hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday.
This week is just flying by, but then again they all do.
I started today thinking of what I am thankful for. I've got a few to catch up on seeing I was a bit late getting started, technically today I have 2.
As I was driving the kids to a playdate at the park this evening I was thinking I am thankful for friends and playdates.
While Hunter had school today, Dallas had a playdate with a friend from her class.
This is her last week of track out and up until now everything's been great. Today, she was done with me...LOL.
So, a friend of mine and I set up a playdate with our girls.
The two played over here, and they had so much fun.
They were pretty quiet {not like noisy boys}, but they were just so cute.
I loved listening to them talk and interact.

 If one playdate wasn't enough, we had a second one this evening at a park with one of our good friends and Dallas' BFF.
It's always so good to see them. Now that our big girl's are in kindergarten and on different school tracks it's hard to get together as much as we used to, but we do the best we can.
We all have so much fun with them too.

So, like I was saying, as I was driving to the park playdate I was really thinking about how I was really thankful for playdates with friends here at home and at a park.
Just then this song came on the radio..."Like my Mother Does" by Lauren Alaina.
I'd not heard it before and didn't realize she was the finalist on American Idol with Scotty McCreery.
Man, listening to this song instantly brought tears to my eyes and made me realize just how thankful I am for my Mama.
Take a listen...

If you know my Mama in the least little bit and even know me, you know that this song fits us to a T.
I am so much like my Mama it's kind of scary.
But I'll tell you...there is no one in this world I'd rather be like.
She is our family's rock. She is a jewel and truly and angel.
I've always looked up to her and wanted to be not only the mother, but the teacher, friend, Christian, wife, sister, and daughter that she is.
I can only hope that I'm a smidgen as good as she is.

OK Mama, stop crying! I love you and I am so thankful for YOU!!!
Thank you for everything!

Moving on...
I've been feeling a little crafty lately and with all the Christmas ideas looming out there, I've gotten really excited.
Today while Dallas had her playdate here, I made a Christmas pillow.
Check it out!
Isn't it super cute???
Want to know how to make one??? Just click HERE.
 
I hope you have a great night. I'm gonna go finish watching the CMA awards.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment