Thursday, November 3, 2011

This & That

Well, hello! How are y'all?
It's been over a week since I've updated and that seems like for-ev-a!
My brain is getting tired and will probably forget something, but let's hope not.
Let's get started, shall we?

Last week as so busy and crazy. My hamster wheel was on auto pilot and just kept moving.
Dallas started her first week of track out.
We are on year round school calendar here in Raleigh. It's too hard to explain.
Just know that she basically goes to school for 9 weeks and then has a 3 week break...and we do this all year. So she doesn't get the "full" summer that we're all used to, but she does get a summer, just not as long.
Honestly, I love year round. It's awesome!
Anyway, she started track out last week and we were pretty busy...but then again what else is new?
We had her first parent/teacher conference, and she's doing great!
I also helped a fellow mom in the neighborhood moms group to decorate her basement for a couples' Halloween party.
Seeing that I love decorating {especially for parties}, I enjoyed every minute.
Eric and I got our trusty {and loved} sitter and she came to watch the kids Friday so we could go to the party.
Of course it was a dress up party, so I hit Party City on Thursday for the perfect costume.
Not sure it was the perfect one, but it turned out pretty cute.
Cops and Robbers, baby!
{Not the best picture, but it's the only one we got!}

Oh, and I can't forget to mention that my sweet Daddy's birthday was on Friday too.
Happy Birthday, Daddy...aka Papa G!

Being the week before Halloween, it was filled with all kinds of parties for the moms group {also for families} and trunk or treat {at school}.
The kids got to wear their costumes quite a bit last week.

At the Moms of Wakefield annual family Halloween party!

 
At trunk or treat at Preschool. I had Super Girl to help pass out the candy!
If all of that is not enough to make you tired, there's more!
Yes, more.
Hunter finished up his soccer "season", and got his medal.


He was super excited to get his medal.
That was Thursday, and Saturday started basketball season...yes left one sport and straight into another.



He loved it and the funny thing is Eric got roped into being the assistant coach...hehehe.

We hosted Grub Club on Saturday. I'm sure you remember me talking about that...but if not, you can click here.
I didn't get any pictures, but trust me as always we had a blast.
The night was filled with great food, some yummy Halloween drinks, and charades.
Yes, charades...and I'm still cracking up! You just had to be there.

Sunday we had church and a luncheon afterwards...so fun.

And next thing you know, this week is here and Monday was Halloween.
It started out a gorgeous, cool, fall day and at 3:00 everything changed.
The clouds rolled in and it started to RAIN!!!
We still got out and trick-or-treating with umbrellas and rain boots, but the crowds were very low this year.
The kids had a blast though and that's all that matters!







To make the night even better, the Gross', our old neighbors came back and went trick-or-treating with us.
And, we got to help Ella celebrate her 8th birthday!

Somehow in the midst of all of that, I managed to get a few craft projects completed.
And no I really didn't stay up all hours of the night.
But, here's a glimpse of a couple of things I did.

These were super easy. I got the idea from here. I just bought the glasses from the dollar store. I already had the candle plate, spray paint, and rock salt. I bought the candles from the dollar store too. So, this little centerpiece only cost $5.00.

These were super easy too. I found these here on Pinterest. I bought the flower pots and Michael's for $1.00 each. I already had the bags, paint, and candy corn. I made the tags in Word and attached them to some orange cardstock. I did do these at night between running from here to there and just realized the are backwards. Haven't I ever eaten candy corn before??? Apparently I was too busy to get it done and didn't pay attention to where I put which colors. Ooops! Oh well, they still turned out cute! I will just have to pay more attention next time. I guess that's what I get for trying to get too many things done at once.
And last night I finshed up my fall wreath for my front door.


It was super easy.
You can find out how to make one for yourself here.

And here we are today...Thursday!
The kids are off to camp this morning and Eric is off work {yay}.
I'm going to do some packing and then we hit the road.
We're going back to my roots!
It's homecoming at UGA, and Eric and I are going.
The kids are hanging with my parents while we do some reliving the old days in Athens!
So excited I can't stand it.

Hope all y'all have a great weekend.
I will report when we get home.
Until then... Goooo Dawgs! Sic 'em...Woof! Woof! Woof!

No comments:

Post a Comment