Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fall Wreath

A couple of months ago, I made this adorable Lima bean wreath.
It was perfect for football season and looked great on my freshly painted front door.
Problem was...Mr. Sun.
The sun beats down on the front of our house all day long.
So of course, the heat of the sun kept melting the hot glue and the letters kept falling off. Then the beans started falling off as well.
I've put it together for the last time, but it will not adorn my front door any longer.
Looks like my Mama will be inheriting this beauty!

So, now I don't have a wreath on my front door...and we just can't have that.
I've decided to make a new wreath. It was pretty simple. Let's get started.
I went to Michael's and my mind started thinking...here's what I came home with.

I started by tying a knot with the twine around the wreath form.

I then started wrapping...
I wrapped, and wrapped, and wrapped.


It took a little while but not too long and then I was finished.

After the wreath was wrapped, I heated up my trusty hot glue gun and started gluing the moss onto the letter L.

When that was finished, I put a small amount of glue on the wreath and attached the L.
However, knowing that it won't hold up to the heat of the sun, I then used some ribbon or floral wire and wrapped it around the L and the wreath.

Last I took the three flowers I purchased {that have clips on the back} and simply clipped them on the twine.

Wha-la...a fall wreath!



Doesn't it looks super cute?



1 comment:

  1. It does look super cute! Perfect fall wreath!
    Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!!

    ReplyDelete