Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bruschetta Chicken Skillet

We tried this the other night and it was a huge hit at my house…I hope it is at yours too.

1 (14.5oz) can Diced Tomatoes, drained

3/4 cup shredded Italian blend chees

1 (.75oz) package fresh basil, chopped

5 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 (8oz) can Tomato Sauce

1 tsp. finely chopped garlic

2 cups small garlic or Italian flavored croutons, crushed.

1. Stir together drained tomatoes, cheese, and basil in medium bowl; set aside.

2. The chicken breasts I had were really thick, so I cut them in half. You want to make them pretty thin.

3. Top evenly with the tomato mixture, pressing onto the chicken.

December 2011 021 

4. Combine tomato sauce and garlic in large skillet; add chicken. Bring sauce to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers.

December 2011 022

5. Top with croutons just before serving.

December 2011 023

{I didn’t read the “crushed” part when it came to the croutons…I think it’d be better if they were.}

No comments:

Post a Comment