Tuesday, January 31, 2012

{Stuffed} Shells

My family loves stuffed shells. I was having kind of a hankering for them the other day so while grocery shopping I wanted to pick up the things to make them.

Funny thing, Wal-Mart did not have the Jumbo Shells anywhere…can you believe that???

So, in good Shana fashion I decided to make up my own recipe….{stuffed} shells.

Here we go:

12 oz. uncooked Penne noodles

1 small container ricotta cheese

2 cups Mozzarella cheese

2 eggs, slightly beaten

1 tsp. dried basil

salt/pepper to taste

sautéed veggies

Spaghetti sauce {optional}

Parmesan Cheese

1. Cook the noodles in boiling, salted water and drain. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Mix together Ricotta cheese, egg, 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, basil, salt, and pepper.

January 2012 019

3. After cooling for a few minutes, mix noodles in with cheese and egg mixture.

4. I decided to add some sautéed veggies to our dinner. I sliced mushrooms and an onion. I already had shredded carrots. I sautéed all three together in some olive oil until tender.

January 2012 018

5. Add the veggies to the noodle, cheese, and egg mixture.

January 2012 020

6. Spread 1/2 cup sauce on bottom of lightly greased dish. Layer the noodle mixture on top of sauce. Top with remaining 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

January 2012 021January 2012 022January 2012 023

7. Bake 25-30 minutes until heated through and hot and bubbly.

I have to say it was delicious! There are so many things you can do with this dish…you can just have it with the cheese or add veggies or meat. You make the call!

Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. • Va va voom versatile! Great on its own or a base recipe for something more creative. •

    ReplyDelete