Tuesday, January 3, 2012

“Redneck” Wine Glass

So I can’t take full credit for this one. I’m actually giving credit to my friend, Ashley, for this. It was her idea, and I’m just sharing with you.

I did make one and intend on making a bunch. They were super easy and uber cheap!!

And, best of all, they make great awesome presents!

So, here you go….here’s how you do it.

You’ll need:

A mason jar

{I used the regular canning size because that’s what I had on hand.}

Glass candlestick – purchased mine from the dollar store

rough sandpaper

E6000 glue

December 2011 088December 2011 089

Take the sandpaper and roughly sand the top of the candlestick to loosen up the glass.

Follow directions on the glue, but all I did was add a thin layer of glue around the edge of the top of the candlestick.

December 2011 090

Place the jar on top of the candlestick and glue and make sure it’s even.

Let it sit for 24-72 hours and You’re D.O.N.E.!!!

Can you believe how easy that is???

December 2011 091December 2011 092

I made a cute little sign to tie around the neck so the recipient, my sister-in-law, would know what it was and not just think I was crazy sending some crazy gift…but she knows me and knows that I will send crazy fun gifts.

I wanted to make the top look pretty too, so I glued on a piece of scrapbook paper I had on hand and with my Silhouette I cut out “L2”.

December 2011 093

{Eric’s called her that since she and Mike got married…it’s for Leigh Lentz…get it – L2???}

Cute huh??? Thanks, Ashley!

No comments:

Post a Comment