Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Card Holders

I made a couple of Christmas card holders this year. the idea came to me one day for gifts for Hunter’s teachers and so I went with it. {I made myself one while I was at it.}

Here’s what I used:

8X10 canvas

scrapbook paper

craft paint

Modge Podge

ribbon

hot glue

The fun part about these is the ideas are endless.

Blog stuff December 2011 002

This one I painted green. Once dry I added some bronze glaze I had on hand. I wiped it off with a damp paper towel just to leave a little on it, and let it all dry.

I used my Silhouette and cut out the word Christmas and decorations. I hadn’t received my vinyl yet, so I cut them on cardstock. I used Modge Podge to adhere them to the canvas.

When they were dry, I flipped it over and hot glued the ribbon on for the cards.

Blog stuff December 2011 001

Blog stuff December 2011 004

This one, I didn’t paint. Again, I used Modge Podge and glued on the green and white scrapbook paper. When that dried, I hot glued the ribbon on top of the edges for the paper, then I glued on the “jolly” I cut from my Silhouette. And the ribbon went on last.

Blog stuff December 2011 007

First, I painted this one green and let it dry. I used Modge Podge and glued on the scrapbook paper, and hot glued the ribbon after the paper was dry. The ribbon went on last.

I really love how they turned out, and they were a great way to attach the multiple gift cards for Hunter’s teachers.

Blog stuff December 2011 003Blog stuff December 2011 005

No comments:

Post a Comment