Wednesday, February 1, 2012

This & That

The count down is on…our big trip.

I really wanted to do something special for Dallas this year. So, we decided on a girls’ trip. The four of us will be heading to Delaware for one night. On Friday, Grammy, Aunt Leigh, Dallas, and me will make a trek to the Big Apple.

That’s right folks, we’re taking Dallas to New York. I don’t know who’s more excited! We’ll hit the American Girl Store, do a little shopping, and see Mary Poppins on Broadway. And not to mention a sleep over in a hotel. My little girl is beyond excited, but I’m not sure she really understands how big this trip is…but she will soon. Don’t worry, I will be taking a ton of pictures and can’t wait to share them with you.

Speaking of our little girl and her birthday. I promised you I’d share the details of her birthday brunch.

January 2012 029January 2012 035January 2012 042January 2012 048January 2012 054January 2012 058January 2012 073January 2012 078

You can check out all the details HERE.

We had so much fun with it…

While I’m in the sharing mood, I wanted to share a yummy new recipe I made last week. It’s a cross between stuffed shells and baked ziti. It was easy and oh so yummy!

January 2012 023

You can check out the recipe HERE.

We’ve been enjoying track out so far although I’ve been a bit under the weather. I decided it was finally time to go to the doctor yesterday…with both kids in tow.

When I get ready in the mornings, for some reason I can’t be out of their sight for very long and they wind up in my bathroom. Yesterday they started digging through my drawers…no biggie, they do it everyday.

They found a travel compact with travel make-up brushes and a folding mirror that I sometimes use. They got those out and turned them into their games. Hunter made his into a “DS game”, while Dallas’ became her “iPad”. At first I thought they were just being silly, but then realized they were oh so serious when they took them everywhere we went yesterday…even to the doctor’s office. I got a few funny looks when they would talk openly about their “games” seeing that clearly they were not.

At first I thought, man are my kids deprived that they don’t have such contraptions, then quickly realized…oh no they are NOT deprived but have wonderful imaginations.

January 2012 008

Last of the morning before I have to jet off to start the morning rush. Yesterday Dallas had her 6 year well check up. My kids get very anxious about these, especially Dallas. She frets for days that she’s going to have shots and pricks in her finger. She gets herself all worked up and then is just a mess. So, yesterday morning Eric and I were trying to convince her that she will not be getting shots and if she did get a prick it’s no big deal. I began to tell her that the doctor just wants to see how much she’s grown and see how smart she is. In perfect Dallas fashion, she begins to ponder and think about this. While I was getting ready she walks in the bathroom and here’s the conversation that ensues:

D: “Mommy, am I smart?”

Me: “Yes, honey you are very smart.”

D: “Oh good! So if I’m smart then maybe I won’t have to get my finger pricked.”

How precious…she was connecting the two when in fact the two have nothing to do with each other. She was thinking that if she is “smart enough” she didn’t have to get her finger pricked. Bless her heart!

Well I have to tell you, she did great at her check up. She showed the doctor “how smart” she is, how much she’s grown, and she didn’t have to get a shot or a finger prick. She was one happy girl.

And speaking of growing, the doctor said that typically between the ages of 5 and 6 a child will gain 7 pounds and grow 2 inches. Miss Dallas gained 5 pounds and grew 3 1/4 inches!

She is on track to be 5’5”, and Hunter is on track to be 5’10”…looks like one of these days we’ll be looking up to them.

Happy Wednesday, Y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment