Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday’s Thoughts…

I’ll begin today’s thoughts by saying Thank y’all for all the encouraging comments, texts, and phone calls with the Dallas “issue”. We had a little better of a night last night and hopefully she’s getting over it.

I was and still am a Mama’s girl and always love having my Mama there for me whether it’s a phone call away, she’s here, or I’m there. I know that she’s always there. Dallas is just like me in that she loves here Mama too…Not a bad thing I don’t think. I just hope that she and I will have the kind of relationship that my Mama and I share one day. I don’t know what I would do without my Mama that’s for sure.

On to the topic of electronics.

I have to admit, I’m young at age with an old school heart. {Well, maybe not so young at age, seeing I’ll be 33 on Saturday, but we’ll get to that later.}

I mean, I’ve got an old school heart in the fact that I kind of rebelled the whole electronic “bandwagon” that everyone seemed to be jumping head first on a few years ago.

I didn’t want an iPhone. I didn’t want to be that accessible to everyone. I didn’t need it.

We didn’t get a Wii until last September on one rainy day. I’m not a huge fan of video games for kids and didn’t want to get one.

Then the Kindles and Nooks came out. No sir did I want one of those. An electronic book??? What the heck? Call me Carrie Bradshaw at heart but I like the smell of books and turning the pages….I can’t help it, I’m a visual person.

Here it is February 16, 2012 and I am a proud, yes proud owner of a Wii, an iPhone, and a Kindle…yes, my friends I own all three.

We don’t play the Wii that much but, I do love to beat my husband at the Wii Sports golf game, and Dallas and I sure love to shake our booties to the Just Dance for Kids 1 and 2.

We all enjoy the Wii, even the Grandparents.

In December I was up for an upgrade on my cell phone and once again caved…I got the iPhone 4s.

And I will admit that I LOVE it and do not regret getting it one bit. It is so handy, especially in New York when we couldn’t find the American Girl store or wanted to find the nearest Starbucks. All I had to do was talk to my little Siri person and walla we were there.

I also have some of my favorite apps. There’s of course the games for the kids, email, Facebook, Pinterest, Target, yada, yada, yada, but I have a couple of new ones that I love.

I want to lose 10 pounds so my jeans will fit better. I work out 3-4 times a week, but I will be honest and tell you that I have no will power. If there are sweets in the house I will eat them, and we’ve been eating out a lot more than usual. I’ve just been using the excuse, I work out I can eat this. Not any more…remember I’m turning 33 and there’s something about the 30’s that my metabolism is starting to s-l-o-w down.

Anyway, I digress, last week I got the Lose it! app and L.O.V.E. it. It’s kind of like Weight Watchers but tracks your calorie intake rather than keeping points. You set your goals and it gives you your daily calorie intake. And, if you do it right, it really makes you think before you put something in your mouth. I mean I only ate half of my Dunkin Donuts Reduced Fat muffin today because the whole thing would be 240 calories…What??? I don’t have 240 to waste today, so I was a good girl and only ate half of it. It’s all I needed anyway. I just had to share that I love this app. It seems to be working.

The other new app I got this weekend was the My Weekly Budget app. I paid for this one, but it is totally worth the $.99. You create categories for things on which you spend money and set your weekly budget. I will tell you that I have not been making those extra trips to Target or Michael’s this week. I know that I’m getting my hair done tomorrow and that’s going to take a big chunk of this week’s budget, so I’ve been thrifty on what I’ve spent. And this will make my husband very happy.

So, there’s my tidbit on my love for my new iPhone and new apps. Back to the electronics.

So far I’ve admitted that we caved and got the Wii and I got an iPhone, and last but not least, I’m now a proud owner of a Kindle. My in-laws gave it to me for my birthday and I will admit to you right now…LOVE it! I’m already flying through my first book. It’s great for carpool and love that it’s skinny and light weight.

Love, love, love it!

In fact I love all my new electronics. I guess you can say I didn’t jump head first into the new age of electronics but tip-toed lightly into this new world and I’ve seen the light! I’m a believer and a lover of electronics, and apps, and all that good stuff.

Last thought of the day…fashion.

I love clothes but clothes don’t always love me. What can I say I got a small waist and a big ole’ booty…reminds me of a certain song from 90’s… “I like big butts and I cannot lie…” whoops, don’t want to get me started or I’ll be breaking it down and shaking this big ole booty right here in my kitchen.

Anyway, if you’re a follower of Pinterest which I’m sure you are because everyone and their Mama {including my own Mama} is a member and loves pinning all kinds of things from travel to recipes, and décor to DIY crafts…even fashion.

I’ve been a little hesitant to pin “fashion” things, but recently I caved {darn, there’s that word again…I seem to be caving a lot lately}. I’ve been a bit hasty on this due to the fact that all these cute outfits if you carefully look at them are meant for the tall/slender type…and hello, so not me. But, the other day I kept finding cute outfits and just like Forest Gump said “I just kept running.” I just kept pinning.

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned ImagePinned Image

Pinned Image

 

Pinned Image

How super cute are these outfits??? Granted with my “Weekly Budget” I could never afford any of them, much les fit my “athletic” legs {that’s what I like to call them} and my booty in any of these pants. They are cute none-the-less, and maybe one day I can look something like this.

But for today I finally entered the “jegging” world. I have had no luck all season finding jeggings or skinny jeans to fit…again, remember my problem. My sister-in-law had some cute jeggings on in New York and she pointed me in the direction of where to get some, so today I got some. Just in time for my birthday.

Yes people, this 33 year old will be wearing jeggings sporting a new hair-do, carrying her iPhone, and reading her Kindle sitting in carpool in her not-so-cool Carolina Blue minivan; and maybe just maybe she’ll even shake her booty to some old 90’s song on the Wii with her daughter because y’all this baby’s got some back!

Happy birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment