Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday Already?

How in the world is it Thursday already?

It seems like I was just getting my thoughts out from last week.

I don’t know about you but the weeks seem to fly by faster and faster. It’s crazy.

Oh well…time to move on.

I feel like my hamster wheel is spinning so fast these days that it’s hard to keep up. Granted some of this “spinning” is all due to me. I am totally at fault of starting projects and having several of them going at the same time. Then I get so frustrated that nothing’s finished and I have to remind myself that I’ve done this to me. What can I say, I have so many things in my head of things I want to do and instead of being smart about it, I start it thinking I can finish…and then I can’t so I just move on to the next one.

Hmmm….sound like Aged Enhanced ADHD to me.

Speaking of projects I’ve got a few up my sleeve.

  • a birthday present for my SIL who’s coming tomorrow.
  • working with some vinyl to pretty up a picture frame.
  • make a new “spring” wreath for the front door.
  • make a valance and cushion for the window and bench in my laundry room.

I know, I know, I have yet to reveal the laundry room project. Well, I’m a bit at a stand still. There’s still a few more things I’d like to finish before I reveal it. We must be patient.

The flooring will more than likely not bet finished before the “big reveal”, but we’ll see.

I’m super excited though to make a valance for the skinny window in my laundry room. It’s pretty skinny but the way the house is oriented, around 2:00 every afternoon the sun starts beating in that window just at eye height. And, man it is blinding! So with Mama’s help we’re going to make a cute little valance for that skinny window.

We found some cute fabric today that I think will look just adorable in there. Want a sneak peak?

blog stuff 2012 002

Isn’t that super cute???

And won’t it just look adorable…here?

blog stuff 2012 003

See what I mean, the sun is already starting to blare in there.

Anyway, It think it’s just what that window needs.

I’m also super excited because my Mama and Daddy are here. They got in yesterday just in time to treat me {and Hunter} to lunch at our favorite Mexican joint…Fiesta Mexicana and partake in National Margarita Day.

The weekend’s going to be loads fun with hanging with my parents, Eric and the kids, and my big brother and sister-in-law! I’m so excited to see them…it’s been way to long!

But for now, it’s off to finish some crafts, or at least work on finishing them. And then dinner tonight with some friends. Sushi, wine, and lots of laughs always make a week good!

Happy Thursday, y’all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment