Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Decorating for the Holidays

I have to tell you, I’m a sucker for some holiday decorations. I come by it honestly because my mama decorates for every holiday…and I mean decorates. So, like I said, I come by it honestly.

I just love when October comes around. The leaves begin to change and the temperature gets cooler, but I love that my “everyday” decorations can be packed away for a little bit and my pumpkins can make an appearance. I love all the smells of fall and the colors too.

I decorated a couple of weeks ago, but have been making a few more things this year. So, let’s take a look.

blog stuff 2012 001

I told you the other day that my kids are getting more into Halloween this year, which means I am too.

Dallas and I went out shopping and picked up a few new items and some things to make some crafts. Now, I have to tell you that when I say I’m getting into the “Halloween” spirit, I mean glitter not gore. I am NOT one for scary things. I don’t like chains, ghosts, goblins, or bats.

I like pretty, glittery things.

witch shoes

Like these cute witch’s shoes.

I also love all the free printables that are out there for us to just grab, print, and frame.

Take this Halloween subway art:

Hal subway art

I printed it on cardstock, trimmed it a bit, and glued it to a blank canvas I had on hand. Easy peasy!

Want to see another super easy project? You’ll be embarrassed by how easy this is…at least I am a tad bit.

I bought some Halloween scrapbook paper at Wal-Mart for a measly $.97 for the pack. I used a couple of the strips that came with it to make the Halloween book covers.

blog stuff 2012 058

I had several 8 1/2 x 11 canvases left over from an old project. They’ve been collecting dust, so I figured it was time to put them to use…

Halloween canvas

So, I picked out 4 pages I liked, wrapped them around the canvases, and used my staple gun to attach them. So easy!!!

It all came together. I’m so pleased with all of the old and new decorations, and now I’m ready for Halloween and Fall.

Halloween collage 1

Halloween collage 2

blog stuff 2012 025

blog stuff 2012 026

So, what are some of your favorite Halloween or fall decorations?

Thanks for stopping by!

S~

No comments:

Post a Comment