Monday, October 29, 2012

Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes

I have to tell you, I l.o.v.e. sweet potatoes. They are one of my favorite fall foods.

But…

my husband doesn’t like them,so I don’t get them very often. {Bless his heart, he doesn’t know what he’s missing.

Last night things changed around these parts. I made sweet potatoes that my husband actually liked, and said they were good. Yay me!

So, if you’re looking for something savory and a little sweet, you have to try these:

Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes

2 lbs. Sweet Potatoes

3 Tbsp. Butter

2-3 oz. 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese {do this to taste}

salt/pepper

Rosemary

Thyme

Parmesan Cheese

Peel your sweet potatoes and chop. Place them in a pot and cover with water.

Boil potatoes until tender and drain.

Mash with a potato masher.

Mix in butter and cream cheese until melted.

Add a pinch or two of rosemary and thyme. I did not measure this…just let my taste buds figure out the right amount. But, I did 2 pinches of both.

Salt and pepper to taste.

Add about 1Tbsp. or so of parmesan cheese…again to taste.

blog stuff 2012 031

I’m telling you…these are off the chain! You have to try them.

No comments:

Post a Comment