Wednesday, October 17, 2012

No-Bake Energy Bites

blog stuff 2012 047

I have to share this little Pinterest find with you. It’s been my lifesaver.

I’m always looking for a good, healthy snack that will satisfy my hunger but not be slammed pack with calories, much less all those additives out there today.

A few weeks ago, my bff sent me a link to a Pinterest find she found. I was so intrigued…No bake energy bites.

Energy? Yes please! I need that everyday. A little push to get me through my witching hour and hungry hour all at the same time.

One thing that sold me was that they taste a lot like no bake cookies or even better, peanut butter balls. YUM!

But, the best part, they only have 6 ingredients and are SUPER easy to make.

Here you go in case you want to make some for yourself:

1 cup dry old-fashioned oatmeal

1/2 cup ground flax seed or wheat germ

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1/3 cup honey

1 tsp. vanilla

2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes {optional}

Mix all ingredients together. Let chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

Roll into about 1 inch balls. {I used a 1 inch cookie dough scoop}.

Store in an airtight container in the fridge.

They make about 24 balls.

I put all the ingredients in my “Lose-it” app on my phone and found that 2 balls equals 1 serving. 1 serving is only 170 calories.

Not too bad. And I have to tell you, they really do suppress my appetite {and that can sometimes take a lot Smile} and are packed full of protein.

I’m excited too because there’s also a recipe for pumpkin energy bites. I can’t wait to try those!

You can find the Pumpkin No-bake Energy Bites HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment