Friday, October 12, 2012

Halloween Book Covers

Hey y’all! Happy Friday. How in the world is it Friday already? I was just telling a friend that my list of blog entries is so long, but I never seem to have enough hours in the day to get my to-do list done and still have time to post. But, what’s a girl to do, I’m a busy mama with lots on my list.
I’m so excited to share a little something I came up with last weekend. Last Sunday I finally got around to putting out my Halloween/Fall decorations.
I have to say I’m usually more of a “fall” decorations kind of girl with pumpkins and such. However, my kids this year are really getting into the Halloween thing, so I bought a few more Halloween-y decorations.
I was super excited when I found this scrapbook paper set at Wal-Mart for $.97.
blog stuff 2012 003
Isn’t it just darlin’?
I’ll share with you later what I did with the big paper later, but let’s take a look at the strips of paper, shall we.
blog stuff 2012 005
I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to do with them until I looked at my entry hall table.
blog stuff 2012 011
This is where I started. Do you see the two books on top of the table. Well, as I started taking everything off, I knew I wanted to use the books still, somehow. But, they didn’t work with the Halloween theme. Then it hit me, book cover.
I went old school people…back to the days of brown paper bags made into book covers…although I got a little fancier.
I took the book cover off one of the books and brought out the gobs of burlap I have left over from my front door curtains.
blog stuff 2012 017
I laid the cover on the burlap and cut two pieces to size.
Then I folded over the top and bottom about 3 inches or so and ironed them down real good. This way I could slip the cover on the book.
blog stuff 2012 018
And that is just what I did, open the book up and slip the burlap on the top and bottom covers of the book.
blog stuff 2012 019
They were a little plain and needed a little touch, so I took those strips of Halloween scrapbook paper, and picked out two that I liked.
I wrapped it around the book and with a dab of hot glue, held it into place.
blog stuff 2012 020
Now it wasn’t long enough to go around the entire back of the book,
blog stuff 2012 021
but that’s ok, because the back of the book is on the table and no one will ever know. Winking smile Our secret.
blog stuff 2012 023blog stuff 2012 024
And there you have it simple, and cute, Halloween inspired book covers. Now isn’t that just the simplest form of decoration?
blog stuff 2012 058
After they were finished, which literally took about 30 minutes, I put my entry table together.
blog stuff 2012 051
blog stuff 2012 052
And, we’re starting to get the Halloween/fall feeling around here.
What about you???

1 comment:

  1. Oh.... Your books are so pretty! They look so great in your entry!
    What a wonderful way to dress up your books and celebrate the season....
    Good work!

    hugs ~ Crystelle

    ReplyDelete