Monday, October 29, 2012

Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs

I wanted to share with y’all this morning the oh so yummy supper I made last night.

The cool weather has set in, and I was ready for some yummy comfort food.

Now, it is a well known fact that my daddy makes the absolute best ribs in this entire world. Well, maybe not everyone knows that, just everyone in our family.

Anyway, his are the best…like fall off the bone good. But you see, in order for him to get his ribs this good, it takes him all day {or almost} of babysitting the grill, the temperature, and all that goes with it.

I don’t have time for that and frankly don’t even want to mess with “his” ribs. I say all of this to say, last night I made up my own ribs…busy mama style.

Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs

blog stuff 2012 030

1 slab baby back ribs

1 onion, chopped

1/4 cup flour

1 cup BBQ sauce

1/4 cup honey

1 Tbsp. mustard

1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce

1 tsp. minced garlic

blog stuff 2012 024

Spray your crock pot with Pam.

Cut your slab of ribs in half and lay them in your crock pot.

Chop your onion and place on top of ribs.

blog stuff 2012 022

In a bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients.

blog stuff 2012 021

And pour on top of the ribs.

blog stuff 2012 023

Put the lid on and cook on low for 8 hours.

So, these might not be my daddy’s ribs, but I’m telling you they are fall off the bone good!

blog stuff 2012 029

Need a good side dish for these yummy ribs…try these:

Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment