Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Little Change in Color

So Dallas, my 6 1/2 year old has been asking for a desk.

One day I stopped by Good Will…just for giggles, and found this:

October 2012 060

Could I have asked for anything better? Well, at the time, yes. They were asking a bit too much {I thought} for it, so I left it there.

I went back a few days later and saw that it was marked down from $100 to $60. It’s a Broyhill and a very solid desk. I could totally see potential in this thing and was not about to leave it behind another day.

So, I bought that thing right there and then {and left the purely horrible chair sitting all by its lonesome}.

Needless to say, Dallas, was overjoyed.

Then, it sat in the garage for a couple of weeks.

Well, in “Shana-like” style, this desk brought on a whole new project. Could I just put this desk in Dallas’ room and call it a day?

Heaven’s no!

This little desk has turned into a total room transformation.

I figured it’s a good time to change her room around…you know, new paint, new desk, new bedding, the works.

My poor husband just shook his head and mumbled some craziness of how I need to get a job…not sure what he’s talking about.

I then turned to my new obsession for inspiration for this room transformation…Fabric.com

One morning I was looking through the site, and Dallas walked over and pointed out two fabrics she “just loved”.

I took those two fabrics and came up with coordinating ones to go along. I ordered a bunch of samples and waited {semi-patiently} until they came in the mail.

blog stuff 2012 002

blog stuff 2012 004

When they came in, I was super excited.

I laid them out in Dallas’ room and we talked about how I wanted her to really think about which choice she wanted.

We left it for the night and the next day she had made her decision. {I love a girl who can make a decision.}

Want to take a guess as to which one?

I’ll give you a clue… her walls went from…

blog stuff 2012 007

to…

blog stuff 2012 020

She was super excited. She picked choice #1.

blog stuff 2012 002

blog stuff 2012 019

The walls are now painted and the desk is actually finished as well.

But, you’ll have to wait for all that…I wouldn’t want to give you all the details today. That would spoil all the fun!

Thanks for stopping by, and hope you check back with the reveal. I’m very excited about it. But first, I must go order some fabric ;o).

No comments:

Post a Comment