Thursday, November 29, 2012

It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like…

 

Gotham City????

As much as I’d love to be trimming a tree, putting out garlands, and red and green galore like most of you, I have a bigger task at hand.

My son turns 5 on Saturday.

I have to tell you that I’m having a bit of a hard time with it. I just can’t believe that my baby is going to be 5. It’s a pivotal year and I’m not quite sure I’m ready for that.

Things change when one turns 5…I will no longer have a baby, and that kinda makes me sad {but not enough to have another}.

Whether I like it or not, he’s turning 5 and I must prepare for a Super Duper Super-Hero party for my little super hero.

Hunter Super hero

So, I am burying myself in party decorations and details…because you know for me it’s all about the details.

Sometimes I wonder why I worry about silly little things like water bottle labels and backdrops, and the perfect decorations….it’s a kid’s party for goodness sake. But, I must have in engrained in me. My parents always threw the best parties for my brother and myself, and I like to do it for my kids as well. It’s my thing I guess.

Anyway, my Silhouette and I have been spending a lot of time together {and I think my husband’s starting to get a little jealous}.

To date, the capes and banners have been made. There’s so much more to finish, so I must get busy.

I can’t wait to show y’all how it all turns out on Saturday {and I’m sure by then I’ll be a crazy person. Ha!}

super hero banner collage

1 comment:

  1. Gonna be a great party (as always). My 1st superhero party I handmade capes for each kid. Sewed each cape and made symbols and letters on the back of each one. I know a few kids who even still use them and that party was 3 years ago! I'm so jealous of your silhouette. It's gonna look amazing.

    ReplyDelete