Sunday, November 18, 2012

Ribbon Trimmed Curtains

I’m so excited to share the recent curtains I made embellished for Dallas’ new room.
I’ve been a busy bee the past couple of weeks, painting, sewing, and putting my sweet Dallas’ room back together.
If you remember back a week or so ago, I bought a desk for Dallas. But, in my style I couldn’t just stick the desk in her room and call it a day. Oh no, a whole room makeover was necessary because of this desk.
She picked her favorite fabric scheme,
blog stuff 2012 008
and I then painted her room lavender.
When it came to curtains, I was originally going to make ruffle curtains, but decided to go in a different direction when the fabric was going to cost $75. I did not want to spend that much so on to Plan B.
I went to Target to take a look-see to see what they had. I came across these Plain Jane white curtains…
November 2012 001
I knew I could add some ribbon and spruce these guys up.
At JoAnn’s I found this perfect ribbon to use.
November 2012 003
The color was perfect only problem…they did not have enough in stock…Plan B {again}.
November 2012 004
These would work.
I laid out one curtain panel and pinned down the green ribbon. I used the seam along the edge of the ribbon to line up the ribbon.
November 2012 005November 2012 006
Then I sewed it down. When it came to the rod pocket, I stopped at the bottom of the pocket and then sewed down just the top part of the ribbon at the top of the pocket.
November 2012 010
When the green ribbon was sewed on, I laid the curtain panel back out, pinned down the turquoise ribbon, and sewed it down.
November 2012 015
This is what the rod pocket looked like.
November 2012 016
When they were both finished, it was time to hang…
November 2012 021
Dallas picked out the curtain rod. I think it worked perfectly for her.
November 2012 030
I love how they turned out!!!
It really brings a little extra pop of color to her room.
November 2012 022

Adding a little ribbon is such an easy way to embellish plain curtains to make them a little more special.
Happy Sunday, y’all!!!
See ya soon! ~S

No comments:

Post a Comment