Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ooo-La-La Queso Dip

Today I wanted to share the easiest dip recipe with you.

My mama used to make this cheese dip when I was a kid that my brother and I just loved. She would melt some Velveeta and mix it was salsa and there it was…a great dip. I was thinking of making something for the super bowl and thought of her dip.

Well, I was thinking of how I could maybe make it a bit creamier and not so rich…da-da-da…cream cheese to the rescue.

This is what my family and I like to call Ooo-La-La Queso Dip. {Fancy Nancy would be oh so proud with us using all these fancy words.}

January 2013 107

This is so simple, you’re not even going to believe it. All you need is 3 ingredients.

January 2013 098

12 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed

4 oz. cream cheese, cubed {I used 1/3 less fat}

1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained

Cut your cheeses into cubes and place in a greased small crockpot.

Oh yeah, do you see my super cute football crockpot?? My mama gave it to me a couple of years ago. I don’t get to use it often, but it definitely came out of the box on Sunday just in time for the Super Bowl.

I digress.

So, put your cheese in a small greased crockpot, and place the tomatoes on top.

Pop the lid on it and set on high just until the cheese melts. Then you’ll want to turn it down to either low or warm so the cheese doesn’t’ scorch.

January 2013 100

It’s such an easy and friendly dip for you and everyone.

Throw it together with some wings and veggies, and you have yourself a fun little football or any sports event party.

January 2013 110

So, did you attend any fun parties for the Super Bowl? We didn’t this year…but we did have our own little family party. It was so much fun. I got out a couple of football things I had on hand from Hunter’s 2nd birthday party.

I just can’t help making any occasion into a party.

January 2013 104

I’d love to hear how you spent your Super Bowl Sunday and what your favorite sinful snack that night was.

Thanks for stopping by. Y’all come back now!

S~

No comments:

Post a Comment