Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine Ribbon Wreath

Hey friends! I noticed the other day that it’s been forever since I’ve posted a craft. But let’s face it, Christmas time brings crazy times and with two birthdays being before and after doesn’t leave me a lot of time to craft.

I decided I needed to spruce up the house for Valentine’s Day. We don’t celebrate too much, but it’s always fun to get into the holidays when you have kids that get you excited. I decided to start with a new wreath…

blog stuff 2013 004-1 I went to Michael’s to get some creative ideas and decided on a ribbon wreath. Typically when I make a ribbon wreath I wrap big ribbon around a wreath form and then embellish it with decorations. This time I decided to use the ribbon and make one like my Burlap and Fabric Wreath I made last spring. So, I bought a wire wreath form and red and white ribbons. I had some red fleece at home and decided to use that too to add a little extra texture. If you want to make one of these here’s what you need:

January 2013 101

ribbon

I would say at least 4 different types…and lots of it.

scissors

wire wreath form

I cut lots and lots of strips of all the ribbon {and in this case, fleece}. I would say to cut the strips 5-6 inches long…you can trim later. Now you can start tying. All you have to do is tie knots onto the wreath form. I did the inside part first and then the outside. You can make the knots as tight together as you want…the tighter you push them together the more full your wreath will be.

blog stuff 2013 002-1

When I finished, I started trimming the ribbon to the length I wanted.

blog stuff 2013 003

At this point you can be finished, or you can add a little embellishment if you’d like. I found a glitter heart decoration I had on hand and tied it dangling from the middle with ribbon.

blog stuff 2013 011

I just love it! I think it’s perfect for the holiday and for the whole month of February.

blog stuff 2013 008

blog stuff 2013 006

I hope y’all all have a wonderful Valentine’s Day. Remember to squeeze your loves a little tighter today because after all today is all about LOVE.

Thanks for stopping by. Y’all come back now!

S~

No comments:

Post a Comment