Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Chicken Tortilla Soup

I found this recipe yesterday on Pinterest.
With colds luming around our house, and the temperatures getting cooler, I found it perfect for tonight.
It was so delicious, and just as good as getting a bowl at Panera.
 So, I'm going to share it with you.
I did change a few things from the original recipe...so here it goes.

2 chicken boneless chicken breasts
2 cans Rotel tomatoes, undrained (I used the mild kind)
1 can black beans; drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained (I used the mexi-corn)
1 small onion, chopped
2 cans low-sodium chicken broth
1-2 cups water...eyeball it
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp chile powder
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp dried cilantro

tortilla chips
 sour cream
shredded cheddar cheese

Put chopped onion, beans, corn, rotel tomatoes, chicken broth, water, and spices in your Crock Pot. Stir to mix.

Put chicken breasts on top of mixture and make sure they're at least partly submerged in liquid.
Cook on high 6-7 hours or low 8-9 hours.

Before serving, remove the chicken breasts from soup and shred.
Return chicken to CrockPot, stir to combine.

Serve with tortilla chips. I used the Tortilla Scoops.
Also, top soup with cheese and sour cream, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment